No announcement yet.

EU to ban Islamic terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the phrase "al Qaeda wannbe terrorism"? Would that be OK?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

No. I'm convinced that most journalists in Europe don't want to convey any Islamophobic message, and that they used the phrase "Islamic terrorism" for lack of any better useful phrase.
      This really doesn't make sense. Journalists are pretty good to invent covering phrases if they think that a certain isn't good enough. Or are you saying that the "good journalist" is below average and needs guidance from EU institutions to express things in the correct way ?

Considering how mot westerners have no concrete knowledge of Islam, many are likely to beive that Islam is an inherently terroristic religion. This is false. This is a misconception that is dangerous to Europe. Ergo, this is a misconception that should be fought against.
      I think that the vast majority of muslims are peaceful ordinary citizens, but islam isn't a "turn the other cheek" religion - to claim that would be a misconception that is dangerous.

This is not my general view. If we want to fight terrorism that stems from Islamic radicalism, we have to take several courses of action. I'd add that the one discussed in this thread is fairly minor IMO, but has some merit. Islamic terrorism can only be vainquished by several strategies,among which promoting az better understanding between the west and the Muslims. This decision contrbutes to restricting anti-Islamism among the western population, which is part of whatn we need if we want to win over radical Islamist terrorism.
      The fact that there are some small groups that has anti-islamic topics isn't the problem. The real problem is the lack of understanding the west in the islamic world, and that problem isn't solved by Orwellian speech.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Maybe if you don't annoy the Muslims, they will go easier on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

This really doesn't make sense. Journalists are pretty good to invent covering phrases if they think that a certain isn't good enough. Or are you saying that the "good journalist" is below average and needs guidance from EU institutions to express things in the correct way ?

The fact that there are some small groups that has anti-islamic topics isn't the problem. The real problem is the lack of understanding the west in the islamic world, and that problem isn't solved by Orwellian speech.
          QFT
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
            Maybe if you don't annoy the Muslims, they will go easier on you.
            May be they would not be annoyed if they stop Islamist attacks.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• Right. Try to stop aggravating them.

Comment

• No mean cartoons or films. Then no fatwas. See?

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                  No mean cartoons or films. Then no fatwas. See?
                  Yup. We should do just like the yanks. They know better than displaying offensive drawings in public medias.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Yeah, it's amazing to me. Seeing the media that won't republish the cartoons but will trumpet museum exhibits with people walking on the flag. It's like 9-11 was a victory for the terrorists and these companies are just crapping on the memory of the victims.

Comment

• Nah, nothing special in that. Yank journlists can write whatever they want as long they don't mess with religion. They know that tney are in danger if they tries to meddle with that.

If you think journalists are in trouble, then think about what american politicians has to lie about to keep their positions.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• they are being cowards. It's about fear for reprisals. It's a pussing out to the terrorists that killed my reservemate on 2 week duty at the Pentagon.

Comment

Working...
                        X