No announcement yet.

Die, Americans, die!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really really expecting this would be an interesting thread full of flame and confusion.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

happy now?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

2:1 says it was because of a redefining of "obesity" in the interim. There was quite a bit of that at the FDA in the early nineties including the introduction of the "food pyramid", etc etc etc.
        Excellent point, I hadn't thought about that.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
          By eating healthy, taking care yourself, you don't really live any longer. It just feels longer.
          Thats right its ur familys fault how long u live damit. Its called genetics ur eating of fiber and soy ad veggies al the tme with no alochol or cigs have nothing to do directly with hw long you live. Last patient i had 23 yo family history of ovarian cancer, never smoked or drank dead at 24 another example 97 yo 2 pack a day smoker and heavey drinker for 50 years still alive go figure
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Excellent point, I hadn't thought about that.
            Yeah, when some group (even a government agency) all of a sudden notes a mathematically dubious increase/decrease in the activity they're promoting/fighting against, the general rule is become very, very suspicious. Odds are what you have is a redefining of terms that help keeps the group, and their agenda, current.

A quick Google shows that the FDA dietary guidelines has been revised at least twice - once in 2000, again in 2005.

Ahhh. Here it is:

The guidelines -- which had themselves been condensed into a 39-page booklet -- are revised every five years and have since been changed to reflect new research. But the pyramid remains unchanged. What's more, some experts say it was never much good to begin with. All this nutritional wrangling has left ordinary Americans with a less than simple message. And it has The Why Files wondering: Is it time to rebuild the pyramid?

Last edited by JohnT; April 14, 2006, 17:10.

Comment

Re: Die, Americans, die!

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              (PS: Hi, Ming. Like the title of this thread? )
              Another 6 months of Bush, and he might just like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

happy now?
                Pervert !!! why don't we have a gasmask smiley ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X