Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about those Iranians, anyway? What do you think they're up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're building nukes to destroy Israel. Hey, that's their official policy: delenda Israel.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I really don't see why the US should care. If Iran starts to get close to having a nuclear weapon Israel's going to light them up with the ones they have before they can say "Which button do I push to ...."

Comment

Iran is seeking nuclear power first, because once you have a working nuclear infrastructure it is relatively simple to become a nuclear weapons state.

Iran is seeking nuclear weapons in order to dominate the gulf region (No, deleting Israel is not the reason why Iran is getting nukes), as it has long term intentions of being the mayor regional power in the Gulf area.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          I like The Mercer Report.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Part of me thinks they're going for nukes to get power in the Mid-East, but another part of me thinks they don't have the technological/economic backing to do it. I think it goes deeper than one mans megalomania.

Comment

That's it!

Their gonna pull a Goldfinger and nuke the other major oil regions of the world to make their oil worth more! The North Sea's gonna be glowing before the decade's out!

Comment

A WINNER IS YOU!

Comment

hehe, I was joking when I said that they want to destroy Israel. Of course they aim to be the big power in the Gulf area, and if you have nuclear weapons to back your words, then it is easier to do. They're not dumb and they know that trying to nuke Israel is going to lead to their own demise.

But they definitely want the bomb.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I'll allow Sloww to speak for me
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

In that case... let them press on. They have the technology, but not the gray matter to use it.
                      With any luck at all, they'll dust themselves, saving us the time.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

basically I think the Iranians want nuclear weapons. Otehr sovereign nations have them and they find it insulting and paternalistic for such nations to keep such weapons while denying them to Iran.

The whole non-proliferation movement is rifer with the idea that " we can be trusted with these weapons and you can't". While I might agree with that sentiment I doubt Iranians would like that idea.

Since I still don't fear a nation state delivering such things with missiles that much (most nation states can count the US arsenal and do not desire suicide), I would instead focus on what can be done to prevent suitcase nukes. When Iran gets the bomb, they may be reluctant to sahre it with their most radical elemets and anything the west can do to keep it in the hands of nation states would be a huge step forward.

I don't love the idea of Iran with nukes but I like it much better than 20 terrorist organizations with mini-nukes. Maybe Iran getting the bomb would lead to that proliferation but perhaps not. Controlling the bomb would theoretically mean power
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Banana bomb!

Attached Files
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

In that case... let them press on. They have the technology, but not the gray matter to use it.
                            With any luck at all, they'll dust themselves, saving us the time.
                            If they start glowing will just refer to them as "The Other India"
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

The other "bright" meat.

Comment

yummmmmmm, sand******s

(bet that will get someone's goat)
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X