first pics of a games on Nintendo Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    They are doctored PR photos, it turns out.
    Source?

Comment

Since GI took the liberty of publishing the story already (ahead of the arranged embargo, as far as I know), allow me to point out that what you see in those scans are ´tentative screenshots´ if you will. I can´t go into detail, but it´s not certain that we´ll end up with those graphics precisely. Then again, ´Red Steel´ will shine by gameplay merit alone. Trust me.

Looks great. Am Hyped. Ubi art touch-up in effect. Real game looks less good. Still excited. No damage control here. Just in talking to friends in the press who have seen actual screens of the game, they confirm as much. Again, I am still excited to see what Ubi does with this game. As an fps nut, I see lots of potential here.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

Source?
        Dr. Asher himself!
        bleh

Comment

The giveaway is now the screenshots are anti-aliased, while Revolution hardware doesn't have an anti-aliasing unit.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

As far as gameplay goes, can someone educate me how that game is substantially different from using a light gun?

Comment

First, its not on rails, like other light gun games: you presumably control your character with the analog stick. You can also, again presumably, look around with the remote.

Second, don't forget there's also a gyroscope in that thing. So you can shoot gansta' style.

Third, there's no swordplay in light gun games.
              Last edited by Nostromo; April 10, 2006, 13:49.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Dont know ... but it's going to be exciting and fun... OK!
                just kiddin,
                we'll see in one month at the E3...
                Nintendo talked about 20games ready for the release(or some month after) of the revolution!!

When the revolution is out, i'll make my very own video of the new star war kids.. with my revo light saber..!
                .. ok i'll shut off, i'm going back to my homework,.

As far as gameplay goes, can someone educate me how that game is substantially different from using a light gun?
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                  consoles

PC
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think Nintendo stands a real chance of regaining lost ground with this platform. I loved the Xbox, I think it offered some great games, and whooped ass as far as graphics go, vs. the PS2. On top of all that, it led the way in online console gaming (excluding any SEGA Dreamcast discussion ).

However, I don't have 400 bucks to spend on a 360, nor do I have another 200 dollars to spend on getting a couple games. Neither do I have an HDTV.

Enter the Revolution, which on a non-HDTV I expect to push out graphics that can hold their own against the 360 (guess we'll wait and see to know for sure), which I will probably be able to grab for half the price of a 360, along with some games (also sold at half the price of 360 titles), and Nintendo has a way to regain lost ground - especially with Sony doing the best it can to screw up the huge brand-recognition it has with the Playstation name.

Comment

Do you still expect to not have an HDTV over the next 5 years?

I don't expect any gamers who are going to be spending money (read = target market) will be without HDTVs over the next 5 years.

Analog TV will be officially dead by legislation in the US by what, 2008?

Comment

Full 1080 HDTV will needat least 5 years to rise into significance console-vise
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Do you still expect to not have an HDTV over the next 5 years?

I don't expect any gamers who are going to be spending money (read = target market) will be without HDTVs over the next 5 years.

Analog TV will be officially dead by legislation in the US by what, 2008?
                          I expect to have the same TV I have now in 5 years. I bought it 15 years ago with my paper route money and it works just fine. I've got no reason to upgrade.

but your argument seems to be that XBox is targeting the well-to-do crowd that doesn't mind dropping a grand or more on a TV so they can play Halo a bit more crisper. Whereas Nintendo is going after everyone else. Personally I'll cast my lot with the big N.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                            Full 1080 HDTV will needat least 5 years to rise into significance console-vise
                            Can you please specify 1080i or 1080p...

1080p will not be relevant this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              I expect to have the same TV I have now in 5 years. I bought it 15 years ago with my paper route money and it works just fine. I've got no reason to upgrade.
                              Fair enough, but you do realize you're going to have to buy a digital tuner then in a number of years to convert digital -> analog for your current TV?

but your argument seems to be that XBox is targeting the well-to-do crowd that doesn't mind dropping a grand or more on a TV so they can play Halo a bit more crisper. Whereas Nintendo is going after everyone else. Personally I'll cast my lot with the big N.
                              Xbox and PS3 is targetting consumers with money. There are more gamers with money than those without. Gamers without money don't buy much, there's not much market for them.

And I'm confused why people assume Revolution games are going to be cheaper than everyone else. That wasn't the case with the Gamecube, why would it be for Revolution?

Comment

p of course
                                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X