X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new season of South Park

Have any of you guys been watching it?

ep1 was great... the retort to the whole Isaac Hayes thing

then "The Smugs", where they mock people who drive hybrids... I found that one especially hilarious because my mom is guilty of acting like that sometimes. She liked showing the Highlander off to people when we got it. "ZOMFG LOOK IT'S A HYBRID... we are part of the solution, yeah.... not part of the problem!"

but the last episode... about Family Guy making fun of the prophet Mohammed...

I'm surprised Comedy Central allowed the episode to air. Methinks there is going to be a backlash from FOX about this... unless they got permission to make fun of Family Guy like that...

Did anyone see it?

I wonder if Stone and Parker are trying to push the envelope with free speech. Also, the way they used the al-zawahiri tapes was funny.

I can't wait for the conclusion next week. (it was a "to be continued" thingy)
    To us, it is the BEAST.

parody is fairly well protected, hell family guy would be in bad shape if portraying other shows was bad.

exploding tricycle:bigwheels

Comment

It's been outstanding so far. Part 1 of the Family Guy episode was very meta, another wink at the whole scientology affair. Can't wait for Part 2.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm really enjoying this season. South Park's gotten really good lately.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

man they have gotten the edge back, it's REALLY sharp and cutting!

I mean, you might get offended = ratings!!!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The "retaliation" by the terrorists... well... I think that may be the funniest thing I have ever seen.

"look at me, I am jesus, would you like me to crap on you mr. Bush?"

"mmmm yummy yummy crap!"

oh man...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What happened with family guy?
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Comedy central censored images of Mohammed.

By DAVID BAUDER
                The Associated Press
                Thursday, April 13, 2006; 4:20 PM

NEW YORK -- Banned by Comedy Central from showing an image of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, the creators of "South Park" skewered their own network for hypocrisy in the cartoon's most recent episode.

The comedy _ in an episode aired during Holy Week for Christians _ instead featured an image of Jesus Christ defecating on President Bush and the American flag.

"South Park" creators Trey Parker, left, and Matt Stone pose at their offices in Los Angeles on Oct. 14, 2005. Banned by Comedy Central from showing an image of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, the creators of "South Park" skewered their own network for hypocrisy in the cartoon's most recent episode.( AP Photo/Ann Johansson) (Ann Johansson - AP)

In an elaborately constructed two-part episode of their Peabody Award-winning cartoon, "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker intended to comment on the controversy created by a Danish newspaper's publishing of caricatures of Muhammad. Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous.

When the cartoons were reprinted in newspapers worldwide in January and February, it sparked a wave of protests primarily in Islamic countries.

Parker and Stone were angered when told by Comedy Central several weeks ago that they could not run an image of Muhammad, according to a person close to the show who didn't want to be identified because of the issue's sensitivity.

The network's decision was made over concerns for public safety, the person said.

Comedy Central said in a statement issued Thursday: "In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision." Its executives would not comment further.

As is often the case with Parker and Stone, they built "South Park" around the incident. In Wednesday's episode, the character Kyle is shown trying to persuade a Fox network executive to air an uncensored "Family Guy" even though it had an image of Muhammad.

"Either it's all OK, or none of it is," Kyle said. "Do the right thing."

The executive decides to strike a blow for free speech and agrees to show it. But at the point where Muhammad is to be seen, the screen is filled with the message: "Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Muhammad on their network."

It is followed shortly by the images of Christ, Bush and the flag.

A frequent "South Park" critic, William Donohue of the anti-defamation group Catholic League, called on Parker and Stone to resign out of principle for being censored.

"The ultimate hypocrite is not Comedy Central _ that's their decision not to show the image of Muhammad or not _ it's Parker and Stone," he said. "Like little whores, they'll sit there and grab the bucks. They'll sit there and they'll whine and they'll take their shot at Jesus. That's their stock in trade."

Parker and Stone did not immediately respond to a request through a spokesman for comment.

It's the second run-in over religion in a few months for the satirists. Comedy Central pulled a March rerun of a "South Park" episode that mocked Scientologists. Isaac Hayes, a Scientologist who voiced the Chef character on the show, resigned in protest over the episode.

"South Park" again got the last word last month with an episode where Chef was seemingly killed and mourned as a jolly guy whose brains were scrambled by the "Super Adventure Club," which turns its members into pedophiles.

Only last week, "South Park" won broadcasting's prestigious Peabody. Awards director Horace Newcomb said at the time that by its offensiveness, the show "reminds us of the need for being tolerant."

Luckily there are asshats like William Donahoe that attempt to blame Parker and Stone.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Heeeeoars! That's what they are!

Comment

yeah, that William Donahoe guy is a douchebag... I've seen him before on various cable news shows, getting all red-faced, yelling at people he disagrees with... he hates gays, libruls, freedom, etc...

look up douchebag in the dictionary, I'm pretty sure his picture is there
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's really interesting to me to see people not wanting to say bad things about Islam NOT out of respect, but out of fear. It shows that they are totally pussified and that the 9-11 terrorists have won thier objective.

So fvck Muhammed! He's dog****.

Comment

where can i download em

they don't play south park here anymore, unfortunately
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

TCO, this was my point earlier in the whole cartoon issue. That the reason why publishing or choosing not to publish is not an issue that doesn't matter.. because those who publicy declare that they won't, are most likely doing it out of FEAR, not because of taste or what ever. FEAR.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

South Park still snuck in Mohammed.

Comment

Has nobody told him that the 'Biggest Douche in the Universe" Prize has already been given out, and to another Earthling/Terran Scum to boot?
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                              X