• Show
Clear All

Cheers

yes indeed... Cheers had the magic
    Attached Files
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Blackadder, especially the one where he was made the Lord Executioner by Queen Elizabeth I.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

So many good ones mentioned already which I'm a huge fan of, so rather than repeat them again I'll dredge up fond memories of a quirky little cop show from the mid 1980's called Sledge Hammer.

Sledge was a detective that used to holiday in Beirut and was against the death penalty because he thought it was too lenient - there was always the possibility of reincarnation. He had to say at some point of every episode: "trust me, I know what I'm doing", which he inevitably didn't. The best example of this was when he attempted to defuse a nuclear weapon and ended up destroying the entire city.
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I used to like Sledge, too. I don't remember that much about it because, as I recall, it was on really late at night in the UK. Wiki quotes:

Doreau: What, you think all women should be barefoot and pregnant?
          Hammer: No, I have nothing against women wearing shoes.

But my favourite American comedy of the 80's is without a doubt:

Attached Files

Comment

Cheers

Comment

And Sledge Hammer.

I'm surprised people remember that show. It never was on a network, only in syndication.

I also loved Married with Children (also a 90's show).

And Night Court .

And yes I did watch Family Ties . Only because of Michael J. Fox. He was my idol. . I blame him for my conservative economic ideas.

Comment

Nobody gonna mention The Simpsons - from back when it was funny?

Oh well, I'll go with Mother and Son
                Attached Files
                I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

simpson's was funniest in the 90's. I think it premiered in 1989 or 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Nullius
                    Nobody gonna mention The Simpsons - from back when it was funny?
                    The 1st half-hour Simpsons episode aired 12/17/89, the 2nd episode aired in the 90s. Simpsons were the 90s+.

Comment

SOAP
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I always thought Black Adder and Monty Python's fly circus were the 1970's.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Black Adder was 1980s - Monty Python started in 1969 but was mainly 70s, although IIRC The Meaning Of Life was early 80s...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Was All in the Family back in the 70s? Mary Tyler Moore (1970s) show was great too, Ted Baxter kicks butt. I liked 3s Company when Don Knotts (1979) joined the cast. I liked the Jeffersons (1970s), but Good Times (1970s) got too preachy and lost the Dyno-Mite. Sherman Hemsley and the maid were a great combo to come out of that even greater combo of Archie and Meathead

80s that I can remember

WKRP in Cincinatti - 1970s

Barney Miller - 1970s

Taxi - 1970s

Cheers - 1980s!

Mash - 1970s

Seinfeld - 1990s

Well... 1 out of 11 ain't bad. Of the ones you listed, all except Cheers and Seinfeld were over by 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              SOAP
                              that was 70's.

Comment

Lilith: Whatever happens, I only hope I can realize my full potential. To acquire things the old Lilith never had.
                                Carla: Like a body temperature?
                                Lilith: That's very good, Carla. Incidentally, I've taken your little wisecracks for a few years now, you hideous gargoyle, and if you ever open that gateway to hell you call a mouth in my direction again, I'll snap off your extremities like dead branches and feed them to you at gunpoint.
                                -----
                                :LOL: OMG that is hilarious. the bad thing is I don't remember that episode. Time to watch some tvland and hope they play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X