What Kind Of Vehicle Do You Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kontiki
    2004 Audi A4. Got the thing in November 2003, only have a shade over 17,000 kms on it.

Nice. I have a '01 A4 2.8. Do you have the 1.8t or 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

How the hell does four wheel drive prevent you from having an accident? All it does is give you more traction to get going in the snow. If anything that makes it more likely you'll get into an accident as you may be more willing to drive in bad weather and more likely to be going faster. Once you are rolling 4wd does nothing for you. Perhaps your higher clearance keeps you from high centering and losing control in deep snow, but there are plenty of high clearance vehicles that aren't 4wd. Ditto for the big tires, they actually help you to stop or maintain control in slippery conditions, but again they aren't restricted to 4wd vehicles. All are wasteful of fuel, but as you don't drive much it isn't much of an issue.
      Yes, a lot of it is the higher clearance, but the 4 wheel drive is helpful when lane changing on wheel rutted highways in the snow. I've had many cars lose control in front of me and I was able to avoid hitting them where I don't think I would have in other vehicles (based on not having been able to avoid them in non 4 wheel drive vehicles that I have previously owned)
      I'm more prepared to make the decision to drive off the road if necessary. Quick lane changes are less likely to put me out of control.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Colour is different, mine's a Sepia Metallic. Had it for 12 months, done maybe 23 000 km in it. Love it tenderly!
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by klesh

Nice. I have a '01 A4 2.8. Do you have the 1.8t or 3.0?
          1.8T. It's reasonably quick, but it took some getting used to the boost lag.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The 1.8 is nice, theres alot more room for fiddling with that engine than the V6 2.8/3.0. Not that I do alot of that anyway.

A nice little cosmetic upgrade I did was to get an S4 grille and remove the S4 badging from it, looks a little sexier like that.

I also removed the 'A4' and '2.8 Quattro' badging from the back, leaving only the rings... that looks sharp too imho.

Edit: the other thing I did was to use vag-com to change some of the electronic features. For instance my dash pannel speaks German now (for authenticity) and I can hold my lock/unlock buttons on the key fob to open and close the windows and sunroof etc.

Comment

I used to drive an impala...

till this bastard came along....

Attached Files

Comment

Wifey drives a 2005 Honda Accord hybrid for her 130+ mile commute.
                Attached Files

Comment

While I drive a 2001 Saturn SC2 3-door coupe (wifey's old car, I used to drive a 96 Nissan Altima.)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Drove a bike for.. 5 years before getting a car. I want to get a bike again, but I just can't afford stuff like that now. When I graduate, I'm thinking two things - travel around the world and bike. Maybe a nice kawasaki ninja... black!
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Insera MX-P3 MTB -05

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

1995 Doge Ram 4 X 4 pickup.

I will be buying a Mustang soon. I know, I've been saying that for weeks. But this monday or tuesday for sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X