No announcement yet.

What's worse, an arm or a leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combination Of Repeated Plantar Fasciitis Going Chronic In The Right Foot.

****. Good luck with that. I had it in my right foot last summer and my left foot this winter and am really glad it wasn't chronic. The prospect of surgery wasn't very appealing...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

As for the rest, sounds like a pretty scummy employer. Any action you can/will take?

-Arrian

p.s. Blood! Blood! BLOOD!
      Well, I did get a little present in the mail yesterday - I had a hearing with the labor commissioner almost a month ago on the unpaid wages portion of things, and I got the Order, Decision and Award yesterday, although they have two weeks (including today) to appeal or pay up. That will be a decent starting chunk of change.

Then there's a worker's comp claim with retaliation for filing the workers comp claim, but I have a lawyer for that, since I don't know squat about worker's comp law.

Then there's a few other things, but I don't want to go into that here before I find out if they intend to pay up in round 1, or if they intend to appeal.

Suffice it to say that working insane amounts of OT, working seven days a week for over a month, with lots of 12+ hour days, to make a deadline for their client (which they screwed up), then getting pitched overboard without notice just before Christmas ("saved" them two days of holiday pay) makes me less than charitable.

Then, during the week between Christmas and New Years, when I was in so much pain I could barely move, the dumbass offered to pay me what was owed (in round numbers) only if I signed a release agreement that would not only take him off the hook for any discrimination or retaliation claim, but also kill my worker's comp claim (including the temp disability payments I've been living on). That pissed me off.

Then there's a piece of yummy icing on that whole cake, but I don't want to get into that one yet, since it's a juicy combo of un****ingbelievable legal incompetence amounting to malpractice, and a legal Darwin Award candidate act on his part.

The best part is his lawyer (the actual one working on his case(s), not the old guy that runs the microfirm) was admitted to practice in December last year. Time for some more education.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Combination Of Repeated Plantar Fasciitis Going Chronic In The Right Foot.

****. Good luck with that. I had it in my right foot last summer and my left foot this winter and am really glad it wasn't chronic. The prospect of surgery wasn't very appealing...
        Yeah - it's not a very fun procedure. Would work real well for hobbling slaves, though. That's really a last alternative in my book - I'd rather take some pain and limp moderately most of the time, and have the rare almost normal day, than do that surgery.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I wish you luck, MtG... dunno how bad yours is but I can say that it is entirely possible to have it heal up/go away.

Sounds like you owe your former employer a serious smackdown (legal, of course).

When all else fails, blame brown people.

Immigration is the new Gay Marriage

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            I wish you luck, MtG... dunno how bad yours is but I can say that it is entirely possible to have it heal up/go away.
            It's been a recurring thing since my bicycle racing days in my teens and 20's. In my 30's and early 40's, it would come every few years, and various treatments would make it go away after a few weeks. This is about the 8th or 9th episode, and has lasted more than twice as a long as any of the others. I've had two pretty much "normal" days since late November, but at least it's now down to the moderate / more or less tolerable level.

Sounds like you owe your former employer a serious smackdown (legal, of course).
            They will get an education by the time this is done.

Comment

Working...
            X