Tecumseh's Oilers as pathetic as notyoueither's Oilers, Flames Win Yet Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
    Asher does not care about past heritage and culture, and guess what? he was born in Calgary
    Whenever Edmonton sucks, Edmontonians instantly respond with the exact same joke: "How do you spell dynasty in Calgary? O-N-E"

They live in the past because they have no future, they gambled it away on a couple players that the rest of the league is laughing their asses off at.

Flames have a very bright future. Can you imagine Phaneuf in a few years time? Dustin Boyd was just signed too.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

dp
        Last edited by techumseh; April 3, 2006, 03:12.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Flames clinch a playoff berth tonight.

Oilers are teetering on the edge of missing the playoffs, along with the Canucks.

Dion Phaneuf continues to be utterly amazing.

The rookie defenceman scored his 19th goal of the season and added an assist and afterwards drew praise from Phoenix coach Wayne Gretzky.

"I thought he was really solid for them tonight," Gretzky said of the six-foot-two, 213-pound defenceman. "He's a tremendous hockey player.

"He's physical, he's got tremendous presence on the ice and he moves the puck well. He's going to have a long career in this game and he's going to be a force for a long time."

Flames captain Jarome Iginla continues to be impressed with the play of his rookie teammate.

"He's had a tremendous year for us," Iginla said. "It's not just his goals, it's physically he's led our power play, which has gotten better because of him.

"All the way around, he's been very impressive."

Phaneuf's first period power-play goal put the Flames up 1-0 and broke the Calgary club record for rookie defencemen of 18 goals set in 1985-'86 by Gary Suter.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

If I were MacTavish, I'd order shades 'cause the future's so bright.

Stoll, Hemsky, Horcoff, Smyth, Bergeron, Smith, Torres, Moreau, Pronger, Pisani, even Laraque...

Keep Spacek and Samsonov around, then add Shremp and Pouliot...

OMFG, We have a French-Italian-Communist-Canadian team! Run for the hills, and take Stanley with us!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

And then there's Peca. Love to keep him, but 3 mil for a third or fourth line centre, and no way he's going top two with Stoll and then Shremp comes up. Unless...

The Oilers decide they don't have a fourth line. They have four lines. Then Peca could be a big piece of the puzzle. We'll just have to see what happens between here and the end of June.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

They had problems getting 2K people in the Corel centre for Rob Thomas...

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                  They had problems getting 2K people in the Corel centre for Rob Thomas...

His show Tuesday night in Calgary sold out within an hour, and was amazing.

His opening act was Anna Nalick

She's 22, has a great voice. They even did some duets, including Push.

Comment

whoa. She looks like she has a fantastic voice...
                    What?

Comment

She's got a great voice, she's beautiful, and has a great sense of humour.

Comment

Tell me she's blind and i'm going for it!
                        What?

Comment

By the way, your original post proves just how tasteless Ottawa really is. What a terrible city, really.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more. I went to see Mamma Mia last summer at the National Arts Center. The show was OK but i've never seen such a bunch of stiffs as the members of the audience that night. If you can't dance to ABBA for fun you should retire from life.
                            Hell: i danced and no one laughed! That in itself proves that this town is dead.
                            What?

Comment

Working...
                            X