Death penalty is damn right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiamat

Normally I'm against the death penalty, but to take the life of an innocent child who has done nothing to warrant it.....well, ok then you tell me what kind of punishment you think is appropriate for this lovely little crime.
    Then you're not against the death penalty, are you?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

OTBOT has my number.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I don't agree with the death penalty. It's not our right to decide, I think that is God's decision, however, when it comes to the death of an innocent child then it makes me consider it.

I live in a state that is big on the death penalty and have always had a problem with it, but when it comes to children who have done nothing, that's about the only time I would consider it. For something like this I'm on the fence.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          Hogswallop.

The state can send men with guns to kill other people * snip *
          Which should happen only in self defense.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm not on the fence.

Death is warranted in cases of severe depravity where there can be no doubt about guilt.

The problem is that 'no doubt about guilt' standard.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I agree with you nye

and no doubt about the guilt should be more than a signed confession

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't agree with the death penalty. It's not our right to decide, I think that is God's decision
                So what if you don't believe in God and don't agree with the death penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

So what if you don't believe in God and don't agree with the death penalty?
                  God doesn't make the laws here on earth, man does. We made a system of checks and balances if you will according to the law of God, or percieved law of a perceived God. But it's up to us to enforce them. He doesn't come down with a lightning bolt and zap us when we do wrong. The judge does.

Question: What would you do to those people who smashed that little boys head in with a shovel? What punishment would be correct in this case?
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

hang them.

Comment

If I believed in the death penality, I'd execute them. I wouldn't expect a non-existant God to do it for me.

I feel it's enough to incarcerate the killers for life.

Comment

It is the right of society to determine acceptable behavior, and the penalties for unacceptable behavior.
                        Again, it's not vengeance, it's punishment.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

At the taxpayers expense correct. So if these people are fairly youngish then they can expect to pay for them for at least the next 30 to 40 years which would probably add up to the hundreds of thousands. Yup, roof over their head, 3 meals a day and they get to keep breathing. Sounds like a fair trade off for the life of a young child who will never have a roof over his head, no more meals and oh yeah.....no breath because he's DEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            It is the right of society to determine acceptable behavior, and the penalties for unacceptable behavior.
                            Again, it's not vengeance, it's punishment.
                            It also says something about that society.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

At the taxpayers expense correct. So if these people are fairly youngish then they can expect to pay for them for at least the next 30 to 40 years which would probably add up to the hundreds of thousands. Yup, roof over their head, 3 meals a day and they get to keep breathing.
                              Maybe thats the price we pay for living in a civilized society?

Comment

At the taxpayers expense correct. So if these people are fairly youngish then they can expect to pay for them for at least the next 30 to 40 years which would probably add up to the hundreds of thousands. Yup, roof over their head, 3 meals a day and they get to keep breathing. Sounds like a fair trade off for the life of a young child who will never have a roof over his head, no more meals and oh yeah.....no breath because he's DEAD!
                                That's the price we pay for being civilised ( or at least; an attempt to being so.).

Also, not everything decision should be made based on money.
                                That's something you quite often see when talking to Americans, compared to other nations.

Comment

Working...
                                X