Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a diamond ring of your dead child...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a diamond ring of your dead child...

Did someone you love die recently? Why not make a diamond of the ashes?

Here's a link to the company offering the service:

What say you, mortals?

Carolus

Could be a good idea actually. Until the ring gets stolen.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

My hero will be the first guy who turns wife's ashes into his girlfriend's engagement ring.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I think this ring is cool as hell. I'd probably do it.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
          My hero will be the first guy who turns wife's ashes into his girlfriend's engagement ring.
          ROFL
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This is sick, not cool.

Comment

yeah, it is expensive

but that is an issue I have with jewelery in general

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

This is horrible, but in perfect accordance with today's mantra, "if it can be done, of course we should try it".

I heard about a new trend of piercing one's eyeballs the other day. Maybe they could combine the two.

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    Could be a good idea actually. Until the ring gets stolen.
                    The main site actually has a story about two being stolen in UK.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Oh, and for those who didn't bother to click the site...they say they only use a very small part of the ashes to create the diamond.
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Sure, and how do you know it's really made from the ashes? They might just sell the ashes for cash and give you some cheap real diamond instead

Comment

That's sick and twisted. I love it
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Mmmm....to take it a step further, imagine a guy making a ring for his next girl from the ashes of his former, and THEN winding up losing said ring and being featured on a site like this.....

Learn how to date safer and smarter - DontDateHimGirl.com

-=Vel=-

(thanks to a new co-worker for pointing out the site and giving me a good laugh today)

Poor Christopher Temmink....
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Oh, cremains are a natural source of comedy. I remember hanging around with the family one night where we just started suggesting obscene uses for them. The one I remember best was my brother's, that you should have a Catholic priest waiting at the door of the funeral parlor rubbing a little on the foreheads of people going out and saying "The late Uncle Fester says goodbye....the late Uncle Fester says goodbye..."
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X