No announcement yet.

Duke Lacrosse team rapes a woman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the rape of an 8 yearold girl any different because it is her brother that does it?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Here we go on different tangents again.

I started by responding to this:

Originally posted by Straybow
      Some say one third of women in the USA suffer sexual assault at some time. That is just too scary to contemplate.
      I don't care if we are talking relatives, people who know each other or complete strangers. I asked you (JM):

Is "rape" = "sexual assault"?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• There is a significant overlap between the two. I don't know if one is a subset of the other (or if both are subsets of eachother).

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• If they were subsets of each other they would have to be equal.

Comment

• Well, duh.

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Or is that something you have just started talking about in class?

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Comment

• Most definitions I've seen suggest they are not the same.

Sexual assault has a far wider definition than rape.

Which takes me back to my initial point - The wider you make the definition the higher the % you will get.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I heard the ~25% thing for rape, not for sexual assault.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Then you are talking apples when I was talking oranges.

Comment

• 25% versus 33% is not a huge difference. Still way to ****ing high.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Okay, last try. You are still missing my point.

Is it 25%? Is it 33%?

I contend the # can be whatever you want it to be based upon what you consider to be "assault".

For example: If a co-worker comments on his fellow employees "great ass" is that a sexual assault? Some say yes, some say no.

Comment

• And that is why I said, a man having sex with his 8 yearold daughter is rape.

In this statement I have used the word rape, which is something that I find distasteful and think should never occur.

If you think that 'rape' only happens in dark alley ways, then I find you a disgusting person.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Someone having sex with anyone without their consent is rape is it not?

Yep, rape is bad.

I don't think I ever implied it happens only in dark alley ways but okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
                                I contend the # can be whatever you want it to be based upon what you consider to be "assault".
                                In a discussion about the relevance of a high number (33% or 25%).

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X