Duke Lacrosse team rapes a woman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dis
    Next time they will learn that women are evil, and don't associate with them. I learned that a long time ago. . Okay my best friend is a woman, but she's different- she wasn't born in the U.S. So maybe I'll revise that to all american women are evil.

Not evil, just psychotic.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• but seriously. American women do seem to be greedier than women from the rest of the world. What's up with that? Or maybe americans in general are greedier than the rest of the world.

Comment

• You must not have met too many women from other countries. My roomie from Bahamas says his mother is a greedy, manipulative witch.
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• nice words to say about one's mother. He was probably sugar coating it too. . I don't think I want to meet her.

Comment

• I've met the brother who took after her... [shudder]

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              The eyewitness identification is going to be tossed, and any future identification is going to be tossed too, because of the idiotic photo setup.

How the **** could the prosecutor think that was a good idea?
              Maybe he's playing to the election rather than worrying about a trial he's going to lose afterward.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha

it would also be a shame if these 3 kids had their lives ruined by a false accusation would it not?
                Read the thread and tell me what I've already said on this particular issue.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• The more I read on this case the more mishandled it seems. I mean who does a photo array where ALL the people are actual suspects. I though the whole point was to include a bunch of shots of people that are NOT suspects at all as a check
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Nifong has won his primary and will remain in office.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Maybe now, if he has no better evidence he can drop the charges.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He has to make a show of it.

The judge will throw out the photo array and the prosecutor will drop charges. Don't know if jeopardy's attached yet.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I thought jeopardy was only attached if there was an "official" final outcome. They should be able to drop the charges and refile at a later date if any real evidence actually surfaces...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's not entirely true. Nolle prosequi after a jury has been empanelled or a witness called to testify may be viewed as a judgment on the merits of the prosecution's case. At worst the defense would have a prima facie case for double jeopardy, and depending on the state, the prosecution may or may not be able to appeal this.

A final verdict which has not been successfully appealed is, however, the only airtight protection from double jeopardy across every jurisdiction.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Man this is an ugly thread.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• KH is right. Doesn't have to be a final judgment for jeopardy. In jury trials, after the jury has been empaneled or in non-jury trials, when the first witness is called, jeopardy attaches.

Prevents a prosecutor from continually trying a defendant based on the outcome of voire dire jury selection or how the trial is going.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X