Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Assuming the car doesn't get repo'd by the bank or get in an accident.
    If you read the thread, you'd know what you're talking about. The car is free from any lean, I verified, and the insurrance is now under my name, which he is paying for. So it can't get repo'd and if he gets in an accident, it's fully insured.

Thanks for the heads up

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      You believe in a lot of conspiracy stuff too, don't you?
      Who me?

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
        Thank you.

You should know, you're around our group a lot, it really justifies you calling me an idiot.

I can garantee he loves her more than gambling, I'm 100% sure. Hell, the guy was crying yesterday when she signed the contract.

And name calling is not necessary.

Spec.
        At least I know that when I give money to my addict friends (and I do), I'll never see it again.

You are a fool. You think that gambling addictions don't destroy relationships of people who are very much in love all the freakin' time!?! They cry and promise to change, they just need a little help. For a little while, maybe they do change.

If you really wanted to do him a favor, you would have told him to sell his nice car, pay off his loans, and buy a crappy car, just as was suggested by many posters. He needs to see the consequences of his addiction to be truely motivated to fight it.

But you know better than me.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          If you really wanted to do him a favor, you would have told him to sell his nice car, pay off his loans, and buy a crappy car, just as was suggested by many posters. He needs to see the consequences of his addiction to be truely motivated to fight it.
          You see, that's not how I see it. I really do want to help him, so, I lend him the money. If he defaults on one payment, I sell the car, which is already under my name, and I make an extra 3000$. Now that will make him learn. But if he doesn't miss a apyment, he gets to keep his car, which he should. Everyone makes mistakes. So your solution comes second, and is a sure thing. If I dont get the car and he runs away, I just declare it stolen. Insurance pays me back anyway. No repos needed.

And over using smileys is not more convincing.

Spec.

Comment

Now that will make him learn.
            Good luck, repo man. I'm guessing the police aren't going to be too happy repo'ing the car for you, once they hear the story.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

If I dont get the car and he runs away, I just declare it stolen. Insurance pays me back anyway.

I guess they never taught you the meaning of the phrase "contributory negligence", huh...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                If I dont get the car and he runs away, I just declare it stolen. Insurance pays me back anyway.

I guess they never taught you the meaning of the phrase "contributory negligence", huh...
                Nope...And that means...?

Spec.

Comment

That you should read your insurance contract very carefully to see if it covers you in the case of a stolen car when your actions (giving the reported thief the keys to your vehicle) constitute obvious contributory negligence (meaning you did something stupid which contributed to your car being stolen).
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My feeling is that you will not get a dime from the insurance company if he takes off with "your" car...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Never leave your car unlocked. Make sure your boot, windows and sunroof are closed.Remember, if you do leave your keys in the ignition, you are not covered against theft
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• It may be so, I'll check.

So you mean if I lend you my keys, and you take off and I never see you again, I'm not covered? I'm pretty sure I am...I'll call right away...just to be sure.

Hey, who read an insurance contract all the way?! I know I dont...I probably should though

Spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Never leave your car unlocked. Make sure your boot, windows and sunroof are closed.Remember, if you do leave your keys in the ignition, you are not covered against theft
                          That really doesn't apply in my case.

Spec.

Comment

• I am virtually 100% certain that you're not.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec

That really doesn't apply in my case.

Spec.
                              No, what you're doing is even stupider. You're directly giving somebody the keys to your car. If they decide not to give them back you're going to be straight out of ****ing luck.

Your insurance company is going to laugh at you when you ask them to cut you a cheque. And laugh, and laugh, and laugh...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• You're also going to be investigated for insurance fraud...

"Let me get this straight: the former owner of this car, who you admit is a friend of yours, transferred the title to you. You then let him keep using the car. Now he's 'stolen' the car, and you want us to pay you"

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X