Eyeglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    3 weeks sounds way too long. I don't recall me ever having to wait anywhere near that long. --Maybe you should call the eye doctor. He could well know something I don't.
    It took me almost three weeks to stop acting like someone on acid when I got my new glasses...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

it usually only takes me 1 day to get adjusted to glasses. Though my first pair of glasses I got when I was 15 took about a week.

Comment

the first pair is always the toughest since later prescriptions are usually small adjustments for the brain

I was considering contacts but I dont want to shell out $300 a year to be supplied and the hassle, glasses are, or were easy.

tomorrow I play mens club and I'm wearing 'em. I have until mid april to take em back for a refund. They gave me a 2 week extension, hell, its their loss if I cant adjust to them. But I'm back to square 1 if that happens

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

You put contacts in by putting one on the end of your finger, looking up, then poking yourself in the eye with the contact lens, and blinking into it slides into place.

I tried it for awhile...but I had one very troubling lens that usually took me 15 minutes to get it, but which time, I looked as if someone had punched me in the eye.

So I'm back to glasses...and contemplating having laser beams shot into my eyes.

I just got back into contact lenses having a bit of trouble while they are in but never any trouble inserting or remving i have done it so long i dont need a mirror now.
          surgery not an option for me yet.
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Contacts scare me. You don't even want to know my opinion on Lasik surgery.

You need to force your eyes to adjust - get on the highway and drive really fast, weaving around the traffic. And let us know how that went, ok?

Comment

Contacts are wonderful. Just feaking wonderful. You get peripheral vision, you can see in the shower, no more raindrops on your lenses, and they totally, 100%, block wind and pollen.

If the David Duval glasses aren't cutting it, Berz,I think you should give contacts a shot. A year's worth costs about the same - or less - than a good pair of glasses.

Plus, you get to buy cool shades!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The good: I wear glasses and have cool looking shades.
                The bad: They cost me $300.
                The ugly: I drove off with my first pair on top of the car, they fell off, right in front of the wheel of a city bus. [CRUNCH!]

Comment

The good no frames on your face,
                  the bad i dont buy cool expensive shades cause i like zk leave them every where and the end, friends show up with them and i cant tell them hey those are mine or they get squashed.
                  the worst my new script requires bifocals and my contacts dont have that. so glasses and contacts at the same time for somethings
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    You don't even want to know my opinion on Lasik surgery.
                    Oh come now. What bad could possibly come from having laser beams shot into your eyes?

Comment

I'm actually more comfortable getting a laser shot into my eyes than putting a piece of plastic into them. Next year I'll probably get the surgery.

Comment

NOpe not me....freeks me out to much
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

The red hot beam of super man sizzling your eyeballs nooooooo!!! No i am kidding. Red hot pokers could be worse

Comment

There are contacts that you can wear for a month at a time now. They're great
                            Yeah, that's what's advertised, but if your doc doesn't warn you, I will--it's safer to take them out every night, still. Mine are rated for a length of time around that, but I still take them out almost every night, my eyes just feel better that way. It's something about when contacts are in, the eyeballs don't get enough air or something like that...

Besides, once you can put them in once, you can put them in twice, and a third time, and pretty soon just be popping them in every morning.

I've always been kind of scared of contacts. But my friend wears them. She says she sleeps with them in as well. I think they were soft contacts. I really know nothing about them. How do you put them in? I don't even like putting visene eye drops in my eyes, I'm not sure I could put contacts in.
                            The first time I put them in took an hour at the eye doc's office. Even if you're not grossed out by putting a plastic shell on your eyeball, you'll still have involuntary reflexes in your eyes that will make it pretty hard the first couple times. After that, though, you get used to them, and putting them in is a piece of cake.
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I used to wear contacts for the recommended maximum of 8 hrs/day. After a couple of years of this I had to give them up because the lenses of my eyes were not getting enough oxygen. What happens is that tiny blood vessels start to grow into the lens to provide the oxygen the lens tissue isn't getting from the air. Obviously this isn't good for your vision.

The good news is that the process reverses once you stop wearing the contacts. I do miss the convenience of being able to pop the contacts in and forget about them for the rest of the day though.
                              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Specific to golf, this is what helps me. Never switch your focus directly between distance and down at your ball. Always close your eyes for at least two seconds between.

Meaning, check your distance and aim. Close your eyes and move your head to the down position where your ball will be. Open your eyes. Not having to make a big focus transition helps me quite a lot.

Of course, this means, that you cannot really track your ball flight when hitting, so having a reliable partner to spot for you is essential.

A side benefit for me was that by forcing my head to stay down (obviously it will turn slightly with your shoulders after impact), my follow through actually improved a bit - straightened out my shot a tad and gave me maybe a five more yards from the tee.

Comment

Working...
                                X