Eyeglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyeglasses

Ok, got my polycarbonate lenses with sports frame so hopefully I can play golf without my eyes constantly tearing up from the wind blowing between the lenses and my eyes. But its taking a long time to get used to the new lenses, its been 3 weeks and the ground still looks closer than it is. Other distortions resulting from the curvature of the lenses (think wrap-around frames) have lessened or disappeared, but I still have trouble looking 5 ft to the ground (where concidently you'll find the golf ball I'd like to hit )

Its like a depth perception problem because I dont have the problem looking in other directions. And since I dont look down all the time my eyes dont have as much time to adapt.

Anyone with glasses out there? How long did it take for you to get used to a new prescription? Did you have distortions? These glasses are the basic single vision for near sightedness and only 1 step up in strength from my old glasses which gave me no problems.

yup worn glasses for years and always have problems adjusting for the first few weeks until my eyes get used to it.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

3 weeks sounds way too long. I don't recall me ever having to wait anywhere near that long. --Maybe you should call the eye doctor. He could well know something I don't.

Comment

Well, one would hope.

Stairs lasted the longest.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

hmm...stairs are fine. I think the changing distances help me gauge depth better. Its worst when I'm looking at an indistinct pattern at or near my feet.

They said I have a pretty bad astygmatism and the curved lenses make the distortion worse. My old glasses which aren't supposed to be that different give me no problems and certainly didn't take me 3 weeks

Comment

surgery for me one of these days... I refuse to buy another pair. . I'm going on 6 years with these.

Comment

I keep wanting to do the surgery, but I never seem to be in one place long enough to do it.

Damn FBI, why won't they leave me alone?!!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I've had two pairs of glasses, then contacts. When I first got glasses it took me a couple days to get used to them, then the second pair, a couple hours, and contacts, one day. 3 weeks sounds very long, call your doc and let him know.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: Eyeglasses

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  Ok, got my polycarbonate lenses with sports frame so hopefully I can play golf without my eyes constantly tearing up from the wind blowing between the lenses and my eyes. But its taking a long time to get used to the new lenses, its been 3 weeks and the ground still looks closer than it is. Other distortions resulting from the curvature of the lenses (think wrap-around frames) have lessened or disappeared, but I still have trouble looking 5 ft to the ground (where concidently you'll find the golf ball I'd like to hit )

Its like a depth perception problem because I dont have the problem looking in other directions. And since I dont look down all the time my eyes dont have as much time to adapt.

Anyone with glasses out there? How long did it take for you to get used to a new prescription? Did you have distortions? These glasses are the basic single vision for near sightedness and only 1 step up in strength from my old glasses which gave me no problems.
                  I suggest a couple of days at the driving range.......

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've always been kind of scared of contacts. But my friend wears them. She says she sleeps with them in as well. I think they were soft contacts. I really know nothing about them. How do you put them in? I don't even like putting visene eye drops in my eyes, I'm not sure I could put contacts in.

Comment

I suggest a couple of days at the driving range.......
                      Yup, I've been delaying that cuz the distortion was just too much. But now its getting good enough to wear them on the course or at least the range. I suspect adjustment will go faster when I have to look down at a golf ball 70+ times over 4 hours

I better bring my other glasses just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        I've always been kind of scared of contacts. But my friend wears them. She says she sleeps with them in as well. I think they were soft contacts. I really know nothing about them. How do you put them in? I don't even like putting visene eye drops in my eyes, I'm not sure I could put contacts in.
                        Leaving contacts in for a long time is a bad idea. Fungi could grow underneath.

You put contacts in by putting one on the end of your finger, looking up, then poking yourself in the eye with the contact lens, and blinking into it slides into place.

I tried it for awhile...but I had one very troubling lens that usually took me 15 minutes to get it, but which time, I looked as if someone had punched me in the eye.

So I'm back to glasses...and contemplating having laser beams shot into my eyes.

Comment

There are contacts that you can wear for a month at a time now. They're great
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I could wear my underwear for a month at a time if I wanted to....but I don't want to.

Comment

Contacts + golf
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X