• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Canadian version is okay.

Comment

good riddance

Comment

Texas is a "right to work" state.
        In theory, an employer can fire you for wearing a striped shirt. Hating baseball. Liking hot dogs. Not howling at the moon.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          the Canadian version is okay.
          What´s the difference?
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

In theory, an employer can fire you for wearing a striped shirt. Hating baseball. Liking hot dogs. Not howling at the moon.
            But unfortunately, the employer is still liable for unemployment.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Hum, isn't there a sort of tryout period in place in america? Specified time, during whitch a employment contract can be terminated without reason given, or notice?
              That's called probation here.

Even during probation the employer needs to have a reason to fire you and give advance notice. How far in advance is dependent on the actual contract.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It varies state by state in the States. . .state.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Texas is a "right to work" state.
                  Yes, but we know about your state.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

WTG, moron.
                    I agree with you on this -- the boss who fired the woman is not only a moron though, but a Nazi-wanna-be.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Yes, but we know about your state.

Typical ignorant remark I've come to expect.
                      You should have read the post right above yours. It's not just Texas. Texas is a right to work state.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Have some education. See that "forced Unionism" ?

Class is over. Go play in the street.
                        A Right to Work law secures the right of employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union. However, employees who work in the railway or airline industries are not protected by a Right to Work law, and employees who work on a federal enclave may not be. Moreover, a Right to Work law does not prohibit limitations on when a dues deduction authorization card can be revoked. Workers should carefully read the fine print before signing such a card.
                        Last edited by SlowwHand; March 26, 2006, 07:58.

Comment

I'm shocked that this women lived in an area where you can still listen to Air America.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Man, I never knew sloww was gay...
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Have some education. See that "forced Unionism" ?

Class is over. Go play in the street.
                              http://www.nrtw.org/rtws.htm
                              Forced Unionism? As in "you have to be in a union to get a job?" Not even Sweden are that tough...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Az, where did that remark come from?

Comment

Working...
                                X