Should We Ever Re-Elect Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
    You should just scrap term limits. They are fundamentally undemocratic. If you got rid of all the gerrymandered districts and the disproportional upper house then you'd be on the way to a genuine functioning democracy.
    We got rid of you. By force of arms. By killing your soldiers. So eat it, monarchist.

Comment

We should just scrap term limits. They are fundamentally undemocractic.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
        Damn tories. They can always be counted on to betray the colonies to King George.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Are you trying to get LoA banned or something?
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Power corrupts.
              ALWAYS vote against incumbents.
              Of both parties.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                IF I WERE A WIZARD I WOULD SLAY BORIS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You should just scrap term limits. They are fundamentally undemocratic. If you got rid of all the gerrymandered districts and the disproportional upper house then you'd be on the way to a genuine functioning democracy.
                  Scrap term limits, reduce term durations significantly, and get rid of first-past-the-post.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                    ... reduce term durations significantly . . .
                    Shorter than two years?? As it is, politicians are constantly raising money for their next race. Increasing the frequency of races isn't going to help.

Comment

Some sort of quick accountability would be nice. I'd forgotten that Congress was only two years, but two years would be nice for the President as well. Popularly initiated recall elections perhaps?

There was more to this post but I accidentally discovered some sort of command that closes Firefox.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

We also need a parliamentary system, or a semi-presidential system like France at the least. The US is the ONLY country with a presidential system not to become a presidential dictatorship, and with the way Bush is acting, I don't like those odds. We also need PR, by state for the House and at large for the Senate, break up the god-forsaken 2 party system. Lastly we need publically funded elections and a nationalized millitary armaments industry, get rid of the power of Big Money and the Millitary-Industrial Complex.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

I've heard it said that everyone wants to vote the other bums out, but they still like the ones they voted for.
                          I quoted this for posterity's sake: someone finally laughed at a Mr Funny.

You saw it here today, folks. [/QUOTE]

That was not the first time, and rest assured, that one will not be the last one.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

By the way -- didn't Wiglaf celebrate and revel in Bush's reelection immediately after the results came in??

Is he backpedaling now?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

I quoted this for posterity's sake: someone finally laughed at a Mr Funny.

You saw it here today, folks.
                              Sorry, didn't mean to laugh.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Re: Should We Ever Re-Elect Anyone?

Originally posted by Wiglaf

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
                                QFT
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X