• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready for some FOOTBALL! - Hot Stove Edition 2

Continued from...

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

I hope Vince slides, just so I have more teams to laugh at and make fun of.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Tennessee, NY Jets, Oakland (7th)...

Too many teams need help for him to slide far. Furthest he can drop is 10th (Arizona).
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Panthers Land Keyshawn Johnson

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Star-Telegram, reports the Carolina Panthers have agreed to a four-year deal with free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson. He received a $5 million signing bonus.
        Carolina replaces Muhsin Muhammed. Nice running mate for Steve Smith...
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

WOW!

Nice signing for the Panthers.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Larry Allen goes to the 9ers (great pick up)

Ten-time Pro Bowl guard Larry Allen, released by the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday for salary cap reasons, reached an agreement with the San Francisco 49ers on a two-year contract Thursday night.

Ten-time Pro Bowl guard Larry Allen, released by the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday for salary cap reasons, reached an agreement with the San Francisco 49ers on a two-year contract Thursday night.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Damn, I heard the Lions were interested. We really need some help on the line. *sigh*
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I had hopes Keyshawn would come back, and Allen retire.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Time to bring this back up for the draft and such.

Look for my Colts to try to take a halfback or linebacker with the #30 pick. If Laurence Maroney of Minnesota falls to them, they will probably take him in a heartbeat. The Colts love to draft out of the Big Ten, and they are in need of a feature back. Dominic Rhodes filled in well for James in the year of the big knee injury, but his running has been weak in limited action the past few years. Furthermore, when Rhodes filled in, the Colts had their worst season since Manning's rookie year with a 6-10 record. Rhodes is at best a stopgap solution.

Other possibilities for the halfback position are a trade for Thomas Jones of Chicago, who has been unhappy with his situation there, or LSU's Joseph Addai. Should they choose to use the second-round pick instead, the Colts will go with someone more like Jerius Norwood.

The Colts' other area of need is outside linebacker. However, it's important to note that the Colts system doesn't rely on big playmaking linebackers. They've let Marcus Washington and Mike Peterson go in recent years, and this year they parted with David Thornton, instead resigning players like Robert Mathis. Gilbert Gardner is probably at the top of the depth chart to play opposite Cato June for now, and although he was picked low (fifth round, I believe) so was June, and he turned out fine. It is possible that they'll take DeMeco Ryans or one of the other projected first round OLBs (there are a lot of them) with the first round pick, or hope that another good one falls to them in round 2.

My other team, the Redskins, won't be taking anyone because they traded away all their draft picks again.
                  Last edited by Jaguar; April 26, 2006, 06:51.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The Colts' other area of need is outside linebacker. However, it's important to note that the Colts system doesn't rely on big playmaking linebackers. They've let Marcus Washington and Mike Peterson go in recent years, and this year they parted with David Thornton, instead resigning players like Robert Mathis. Gilbert Gardner is probably at the top of the depth chart to play opposite Cato June for now, and although he was picked low (fifth round, I believe) so was June, and he turned out fine. It is possible that they'll take DeMeco Ryans or one of the other projected first round OLBs (there are a lot of them) with the first round pick, or hope that another good one falls to them in round 2.
                    Gary Brackett was undrafted. David Thornton was drafted late. Cato June was drafted late. Mike Peterson and Marcus Washington were both round two line backers.

In fact, only linebacker who has been drafter 1st round was Rob Morris. Look how that one turned out

Comment

In other semi-draft-related NFL news, Ricky Williams lost his appeal and has been suspended for the entire 2006 season. It's strike 4 for Ricky, who may petition for reinstatement if he wants to play in 2007.

Comment

Also, Brett Favre has informed the Packers that he WILL play for them this year.

Comment

Favre Story

Damn you JRabbit.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ricky Williams is a moron

9ers need all the help they can get

Good move for the Panthers

Favre should retire, he's an embaressment
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              Favre should retire, he's an embaressment
                              I thought his O-Line was the real embaressment last year
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X