Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    Ricky Williams is a moron
    Nowadays, any athlete taking any sort of supplements should send them to a lab and get them tested.

Unfortunate for him, because he still owes the Dolphins $8M, right?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I thought his O-Line was the real embaressment last year
      that should be a sign to Brett; "We don't want you. Here, take this line that won't stop an old lady in a walker. Maybe this way you get a career ending injury."

ala MacMahon and the Vikings
      Monkey!!!

Comment

forty - niners forty - niners forty -niners !!!!

i predicted a 4 - 12 season last year, this year, I predict a 6 - 10 season.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Favre
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That would be nice.

Even though I live in Cincinnati, I am still a season ticket holder.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Nowadays, any athlete taking any sort of supplements should send them to a lab and get them tested.

Unfortunate for him, because he still owes the Dolphins $8M, right?
              Ricky Williams doesn't do a lot of things that he should do.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Actually Williams doesn't owe the Dolphins anything. He would if he refused to play, violating the contract.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  What's more embarassing than his play on the field is how he's essentially been holding his entire team hostage.

Comment

After what he did for that team, he deserves to have that right.

Comment

Q:

Will Reggie Bush have a better pro career if the Heisman gets taken away from him?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius

Gary Brackett was undrafted. David Thornton was drafted late. Cato June was drafted late. Mike Peterson and Marcus Washington were both round two line backers.

In fact, only linebacker who has been drafter 1st round was Rob Morris. Look how that one turned out
                        Exactly. I've seen all sorts of mock drafts with the Colts taking Ryans or Thomas Howard or some other OLB with their first round pick. I don't think those people understand how the Colts manage their defense. They take smart, undersized guys who fall further than they should because they "lack bulk." Cato June was a quality safety at Michigan, and they recognized he could be converted to a small linebacker. (Maybe his experience as a DB explains his knack for pulling down interceptions.) He fell to the sixth round, IIRC. If he were 15 pounds heavier and played linebacker at Michigan, he could have been gone in the third. Few teams bother with depth at safety.

The defense lacks bulk on the whole. They're actually thinking of moving Raheem Brock (274 pounds) to DT for passing downs next year.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Whoever takes Hawk has scored big. Speculation I hear is Green Bay.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

What's more embarassing than his play on the field is how he's essentially been holding his entire team hostage.
                            Actually, I dissagree with this. Last year the Packers drafted the "Heir Apperent" in Aaron Rogers. Wether or not Brett came back this year really had no bearing on what the Pack did in the draft this year. here, look:

Bret stays, Packers want Hawk

Bret goes, Packers want Hawk.

The only thing Bret coming back does is delay the developement of Rogers a year (and sets the Pack back one season in rebuilding). Meh... Its good for the Bears so I'm happy.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

There are a few scenarios I can imagine where the Packers miss out on Hawk, even though they have the five pick. Bush will go with the first pick. The Titans will absolutely draft a quarterback. However, the Saints and Jets don't seem to be poised to take Hawk right now, but both teams are weak at the OLB position. Honestly, the Saints' best outside linebacker is Colby Buckwoldt right now.

Also, I would not be surprised to see the Packers draft Vernon Davis, even with Hawk still on the board. Davis is possibly the most promising TE prospect ever. Fifteen years ago, Kellen Winslow's 7000 career receiving yards were spectacular. Then Shannon Sharpe continued the revolution, with a career total of 10000. Tony Gonzalez is poised to break that mark within three seasons. Gates will also likely top ten thousand.

I would not be surprised at all if Davis were better than all of them. The receiving tight end revolution isn't over yet.

We know that Bush isn't gonna be much better than Barry Sanders, and Hawk isn't gonna be better than Lawrence Taylor, and Mario Williams isn't gonna be better than Bruce Smith. But the TE position is still finding its place.
                              Last edited by Jaguar; April 26, 2006, 19:04.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It's not that they're better. Many "historical" TE's simply weren't utilized as receivers. Ditka is an example.
                                Along with that, the passing game itself has expanded.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X