Clear All

another looking to quit

just cant seem to find a job that pays what I am making now

d**n economy
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

"Damn" is not a 4 letter word...

But I guess that sometimes you have to accept a paycut if you want to get out.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Yeah, this is the crisis that is facing me. Well, the main problem is loss of shift allowance, not basic pay, which isn't that fantastic...and there is the alternative - a complete change of sector...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If I take the job at the cemetery I´ll make something like €1540/month which is a pay cut of about €80. I´m hoping I´ll get more though. The forestry experience might get me an additional €60/month. If I just stick to lawnmoving with an indepedent contractor to the city I might go as high as €1778/month, but I don´t know if I can take just moving lawns 8 hours a day for 6 months...

Comment

Professional lawn mower
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I´m thinking of adding that to my sig if I take the job

Comment

money is not everything...

Comment

True, but then again this is often said by people like you or me who hasn´t a lot of money to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

$1500/week?? Sweet! But I guess we´re not talking 8 hour days here...?
                    No we are talking 8 hours a day.
                    I live far enough away to have this assignment a travel contract. which means the compay pays me a housing allownce plus a travel allowance all in which since my place is only 30 minutes away i saved and just drove the half hour into work rather then live close. I was able to get away with it cause the hospital is in another city. That and the fact that, that money was tax free. so all in all it balanced out to 1500 a week if i worked 40 hours which i did.
                    Hey Zoid i hear land scapers make good money good business if ya have the resurces to start.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                      True, but then again this is often said by people like you or me who hasn´t a lot of money to begin with...
                      something has to prevent me from putting my head in the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

No we are talking 8 hours a day.
                        I live far enough away to have this assignment a travel contract. which means the compay pays me a housing allownce plus a travel allowance all in which since my place is only 30 minutes away i saved and just drove the half hour into work rather then live close. I was able to get away with it cause the hospital is in another city. That and the fact that, that money was tax free. so all in all it balanced out to 1500 a week if i worked 40 hours which i did.
                        I wish I had some way of getting such a sweet deal...

Hey Zoid i hear land scapers make good money good business if ya have the resurces to start.
                        The resources aren´t the problem. The problem is that I have to go to school for 5 years at the Swedish Agricultural University to become a Landscape Architect. And I´m through studying...

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

You mean Civ, beer and hookers just isn´t enough

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

how bout this the smell of gas sucks and stinks and could kill ya
                            or the extreme heat could melt and burn ya that would be enough for me.
                            Though i am making good money now i still drive an older model car and live in an apartment. Money isnt everything. if ya have enough to pay the bills have a roof over ur head witha tv and a computer what elese do ya need but electriity and food well there is beer to so thats it..
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

what job did you have?

Comment

Forestry worker, cutting down trees with a chain saw and stuff like that...

Comment

Working...
                                X