I quit my job today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit my job today!

It´s been so much crap and backstabbing going on the last months so I quit today. I have some vacation days left and I´m not coming back after that. I cleared out my locker and told my boss to take this job and shove it! I have at least two new jobs lined up and an interview next week (with good chances methinks )

Now I´m gonna get drunk!
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Sticking it to the man

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Mess a bunch of stuff up, before you leave.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Right on Zoid!!

Take control over your stuff
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Posters here should look at Zoid as a proper example...

Notice how he didn't tell them to take the job and shove it until he had at least two other jobs already lined up

Enjoy your drinks!
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Personally, I would never leave a job because of politics. The politics are everywhere. Now, if those politics are keeping you from your career goals than that is different and
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              Notice how he didn't tell them to take the job and shove it until he had at least two other jobs already lined up
              It would have been more better if he'd have waited until he had an actual job offer.

I moved from Hawaii to L.A. "knowing" I could have any of four jobs. Surprise...all four fell through. (Boy, that's when you really learn who you're true friend are.)

Comment

True enough... But at least he has some options.
                I know a few people who have done the "take this job and shove it" bit with no back up plan in place...

Can you say MORONS!
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the whole "take this job and shove it" mentality has no benefit other than short term feelings of being a big man.

on the other hand the costs of doing that are much greater.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I know a few people who have done the "take this job and shove it" bit with no back up plan in place...

Can you say MORONS!
                    Say it?? I've done it! (More than once)

Comment

Real big men physically shove it to their bosses.

Wait, that didn't come out right.

seriously, though, good luck with the new jobs.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Posters here should look at Zoid as a proper example...

Enjoy your drinks!
                        I agree partially. But I don't ever like burning bridges.

I had one job that was a disaster so I left for something else. But I've never said anything terrible about them and it seems nor do they say anything bad about me.

Telling a boss off may have feel good but it may have long-term repercussions. You never know who they may know .
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                          Mess a bunch of stuff up, before you leave.
                          I know you are joking . .. . right? Thats the type that can get around in many types of job. While Zoid appears to have options in place, you don't ever want to go to an interview and be identified as " the guy that crashed the computer as his last act".

So if you need to mess stuff up, make it so it won't be the stuff of legends
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Huh!!!!
                            Go figure zoid just burned his bridges and screwed over the big business man and all ming has to say is enjoy your drinks..
                            I seem to recall his distaste of that a few weeks ago.
                            Oh well I guess there is nothing he could say but have one for me.
                            Good luck zoid hope ya find a better job.
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Good luck Zoid

No job is worth it when you find yourself dreading waking up every morning, and any manager that would be happy to have an unmotivated member of staff isn't worth working for anyway. You're better than that.
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                              X