Bush: Troops to Stay in Iraq for Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
    Every admin leaves a real ****burger for the next.

Kyoto anyone?
    No comparison. Kyoto is really a non-issue. If the Japanese and evil Europeans can handle the reduction in CO2 there is no reason why US businesses can't.

It's like when stricter health standards were applied to them meat packers.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

No comparison. Kyoto is really a non-issue. If the Japanese and evil Europeans can handle the reduction in CO2 there is no reason why US businesses can't.

Any air pollution agreement that doesn't include India and China is pointless.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
        Any air pollution agreement that doesn't include India and China is pointless.
        Really?

Besides, the US is the worst polliutor, full stop.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          Bush is leaving a real ****burger for the next administration. Not a bad move politically, at least thats one thing he wont get crucified on.
          Yup. Worked wonders for LBJ's reputation.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Every admin leaves a real ****burger for the next.

Kyoto anyone?
            kyoto vs iraq war? cmon now
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Really?

Besides, the US is the worst polliutor, full stop.
              Does China have the same deal as India, where they are members of the treaty but aren't held responsible for following the framework?
              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
                Does China have the same deal as India, where they are members of the treaty but aren't held responsible for following the framework?
                I haven't look at the fine prints, though it seems that China has been putting more effort into cleaning up air pollution, etc. At least in some cities.

Comment

• Are these actual efforts or just motions passed that are never actually committed?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Except they actually signed the thing agtreed to do something about it and then didn't.

Are these actual efforts or just motions passed that are never actually committed?
                    Would be interesting to see. As apparently this is what counts not actual action.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Aside from the above you clearly missed my point, There was no bloody way that the Senate was going to ratify the treaty (even if Bush championed it) as it was voted down something like 97-3 or some such vote if I recall correctly. But Clinton signed it anyway knowing Bush was going to have to be the bad guy. Nice little Sh!te sandwich for Bush to inherit. First thing out of the blocks he gets to tell the world to F!ck off. Which he not so tactfully did.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker

Considering the way you are acting now, I can see why I would have told you to shut the **** up back then. And I'd tell you to shut the **** up now but it's not really worth my time.

Most likely me telling you to shut the **** up was in response to your cheering on for dead US soldiers. I was going to mention this but thanks, you have already done that for me. And it's not just the indifference you are pretending to show now, it was outright cheerleading. (But that's bad right?)

The thing you don't understand about Americans, is that once the decision to go to war is made, (right or wrong) almost all of us get behind the war effort so that the outcome is as best a possible. You will see this time and time again but since you hate everything American well I don't expect you to understand. I felt this way then and I feel this way now. Give the guys on the ground the best chance to win as possible. I often send stuff over to Iraq even if it might not be much.

I could also mention the economic draft and the marketing pressure the recruiters put on young kids, but I guess you've never heard of that either. I guess you were a thinking man. Oh well though sucks for those kids they volunteered they should either die or move to a country like Sweden where nothing bad ever happens (unless you are brown and well that's a different story).

This isn't so much about what is right and what is wrong as it is about you trying to stick it to the USA. And it's not just Bush you hate, but it's Americans in general, and that's the bottom line. You have called Americans stupid and ignorant. That's a fact. You probably cheered on 9/11 too.

Face it, you're anti-American, you cheer at the deaths of American soldiers and you could give rat's ass what happens to innocent Iraqis, all you care about is that you get some points Chirac style to make the other team look bad.

I'd say that makes you the very thing you are criticizing.

If I told you to shut the **** up then I'm proud of it now.
                        Ted, normally I can agree with most of your points of view. However, he wasn't cheering about dead US soldiers. He simply said he didn't care.

And quite frankly, me neither.

Three years ago 50 % of the American citizens wanted a war. Well, now you've got it. And like you said, which is very commendable btw, now you have to live with it.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Aside from the above you clearly missed my point, There was no bloody way that the Senate was going to ratify the treaty (even if Bush championed it) as it was voted down something like 97-3 or some such vote if I recall correctly. But Clinton signed it anyway knowing Bush was going to have to be the bad guy. Nice little Sh!te sandwich for Bush to inherit. First thing out of the blocks he gets to tell the world to F!ck off. Which he not so tactfully did.

Please. All Bush had to do was submit it to the Senate, let them vote it down again, and say I tried! And let it go. No need for him to tell anyone to **** off. He just wanted to tell the world to **** off.

Or Hell, just say he doesn't support Kyoto, leave the signature on the books, but just don't do anything with it. Hence, it dies quietly, especially since the Senate had a vote beforehand.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            "Listen, every war plan looks good on paper until you meet the enemy," Bush said

Anyone who thinks this is a silly statement is a ****** (and the presence of the usual suspects supports this view). Bush is just paraphrasing one of the most famous military axioms around. Unoriginal maybe, but not silly...
                            Is it paraphrsaing when it's longer than the original?

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
                              While people like Ted might get their heads sawed off, people like you, who care not for the perceptions and image of the American Ideal worldwide, cause the very situations where people like Ted lose their head.
                              QFT
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Please. All Bush had to do was submit it to the Senate, let them vote it down again, and say I tried! And let it go. No need for him to tell anyone to **** off. He just wanted to tell the world to **** off.

Or Hell, just say he doesn't support Kyoto, leave the signature on the books, but just don't do anything with it. Hence, it dies quietly, especially since the Senate had a vote beforehand.
                                I agree thats all he needed to do and the fact that he didn't places him squarely in the camp of diplomatically inept. Doesn't change the fact that Clinton knowing left a turd behind that was never going to be passed.

Comment

Working...
                                X