Bush: Troops to Stay in Iraq for Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

The statement in itself is pretty obvious, anybody can agree with it. The silly thing is that the statement comes now, and not three years ago, when the rest of the world told you so.

which in retrospect tells you what we knew already and that is

Bush = moron
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

but he won a 2nd term.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

reflects poorly on certain states.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Well when manipulation works wonders. Karl Rove is an (evil? ) genius... first with John "the illegitimate black child" McCain than with Al "I don't have a spine" Gore and than with John "flip-flop" Kerry

sad fact is that it works very well.

I guess you can't advertize the obvious George "I don't have a brain" Bush openly as it is too offensive, you can't pick George "former alchoholic" Bush either as 90% of the politicians are the same. That is why GOP picked the right candidate. Not much brain but marketable

George "deserter" Bush obviously did not work very well, that is where the election was lost for Dems.

---
          just pointing out that him winning the 2nd term has nothing to do with brains, and all to do with GOP marketing machine. I mean that man won the 2nd term after getting utterly destroyed on public debates, but he still went on to win. Karl Rove - master of manipulation.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            "Listen, every war plan looks good on paper until you meet the enemy," Bush said

Anyone who thinks this is a silly statement is a ****** (and the presence of the usual suspects supports this view). Bush is just paraphrasing one of the most famous military axioms around. Unoriginal maybe, but not silly...
            True but not one a president should use, especially not him under the given circomstances. It's privileged material for generals writing their biography.

Not to mention that Rumsy dismissed all (post) plans.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Yeah, the US was dragged in Iraq by the UN!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave

---
                just pointing out that him winning the 2nd term has nothing to do with brains, and all to do with GOP marketing machine. ---
                It has a lot to do with brains - that of the voters
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  "Listen, every war plan looks good on paper until you meet the enemy," Bush said

Anyone who thinks this is a silly statement is a ****** (and the presence of the usual suspects supports this view). Bush is just paraphrasing one of the most famous military axioms around. Unoriginal maybe, but not silly...
                  What a retarded argument. You can say that about any stupid phrase. You can't just leave the statement by itself without the current context around it and who said it. You can do that with anything.

Here's another quote that sounds cool and "unsilly." "We're fully preprared." President Bush about Hurricane Katrina.

But I like this one even better, which does a better job of actually describing the context:

Thomas: "I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet -- your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth – what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil – quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?"

Helen Thomas 03/21/2006
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oh, and real nice of YOUR BOY to dump this war on the next President Drake

Fantastic
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Wow. Great question! What was the reply given to Helen Thomas?
                      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I remember you being one of the flag-waving fanatics at the time of the invasion, Ted. I asked Americans back then why this war was so important for the American people, but the most intelligent answer was something like "STFU, Commie".

The American people wanted this war, and now they got it. You can't just quit when the bill comes. It's time to pay, in blood and tax dollars. Leaving would make things worse.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I remember you being one of the flag-waving fanatics at the time of the invasion, Ted. I asked Americans back then why this war was so important for the American people, but the most intelligent answer was something like "STFU, Commie".

The American people wanted this war, and now they got it. You can't just quit when the bill comes. It's time to pay, in blood and tax dollars. Leaving would make things worse.

Wrong then and wrong now. Got to hand it to him, he is consistent.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I remember you being one of the flag-waving fanatics at the time of the invasion, Ted.* snip *
                            Ahh, Bush did it to educate teh Ted.

Comment

The main proble here, and God I hate to say this, is the same as Vietnam. Politicians running the show. Said it before though.
                              Should have been, "Secure these cities. Call me when it's done".
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

slowwhand, you know as well as I do that if the military ran these low level wars itd be horrible.

might i remind you of the generals in the 60s that actually considered nuclear first strike as reasonable and desireable.

I think we need to consider the idea of there being military wars and political wars. wwi, wwii, are military wars. vietnam, iraq, are political wars. the reasons, the scale, the aftermath are different for each.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X