No announcement yet.

Uruguay TV show accident kills 7, leaves 10 injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know. But it's flabbergasting when words like that come out of your own grandmother's mouth. Can I join another family please?

Comment

I think most of us would like to join another family.

Comment

Why don't all of you adopt each other ?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          No really, I feel awful for those who were involved in this thing. From the reports, it seems like people got carried away with a TV "charity" stunt. Worst of all, the organizers had no clue what they were doing.
          Clearly charity is to blame. Too many innocent lives are put at risk by this reckless "charity" thing. I say we ban it.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It was just that whenever "TV" and "charity" appear in the same context, "ratings" is usually the operative word. If "celebrities" are also involved it's a tough call between "ratings" and "self-promotion".

Believe me, I've seen it enough. And I'd be surprised if you hadn't also.

And doesn't anybody get the Ja.maic.a-thing a few posts up!? I thought it'd be right up Zkribbler's alley.

Comment

Help the poor by taxes

Charity

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                It was just that whenever "TV" and "charity" appear in the same context, "ratings" is usually the operative word. If "celebrities" are also involved it's a tough call between "ratings" and self-promotion".

Believe me, I've seen it enough. And I'd be surprised if you hadn't also.

And don't anybody get the Ja.maic.a-thing a few posts up!?
                btw, my thing wasn't a dig at you, but a dig at everyone panicing whenever someone gets hurt and trying to ban away the causes.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I still say Charity is not the best solution to help the disadvantaged

Comment

No sweat. My comment needed clarifying anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      I still say Charity is not the best solution to help the disadvantaged
                      Quit trying to make this a serious discussion.

Comment

This is my thread

The abolition of the relying on charity (not of the sentiment itself, naturally) and replacement by a tax-based social welfare system (i.e. the keeping of that system in continental Europe) is a more important issue in western societies than youth rights

Comment

Working...
                        X