Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's do something we have done before!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my newly designed homepage:

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

There is probably one or two design flaws, as I this is my first time I have designed my own homepage. Any CONSTRUCTIVE, friendly criticism would be appreciated.

And I will look forward to adding a few Apolytoners as Friends.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      Here is my newly designed homepage:

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

There is probably one or two design flaws, as I this is my first time I have designed my own homepage. Any CONSTRUCTIVE, friendly criticism would be appreciated.

And I will look forward to adding a few Apolytoners as Friends.
      Start with changing the text color from yellow to some dark - with that background it isn't readable (blog, mail etc links).
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Start with changing the text color from yellow to some dark - with that background it isn't readable (blog, mail etc links).

I thought about a dark text but I thought that since most of my background is also somewhat dark, that a dark text would not work.

But if you think that would improve it, I will try a dark shade of text.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          2 million trivia questions, 155,000 trivia quizzes, and games on thousands of topics! Play now: movies, science, sports, TV, geography, and much more. How much do you know?

http://www.okcupid.com/

I took the okcupid.com test.

Comment

I improved my homepage -- I will add more info about myself later -- such as Interests, and so on.

If anyone else would like to network through MySpace, just let me know either on here, or contact me through my homepage.

Comment

Drose and Asher both have a new message in their e-mail.

Comment

Here's my -space. www.myspace.com/oerdin
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  Here's my -space. www.myspace.com/oerdin

got it

Comment

myspace is very nice, but a bit on the dangerous side for young professionals. Oddly, just read an article on the subject today: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-339405c.html
                    of course, anyone with 2 brain cells would realize the drawbacks to being googleable.

I would love to run a blog, but the repercussions are just too great and unforseeable. I'll be likely going back on the job market in sept 07, and want no issues cropping up.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have anything serious on mine. I think it makes me look responsible.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        myspace is very nice, but a bit on the dangerous side for young professionals. Oddly, just read an article on the subject today: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-339405c.html
                        of course, anyone with 2 brain cells would realize the drawbacks to being googleable.

I would love to run a blog, but the repercussions are just too great and unforseeable. I'll be likely going back on the job market in sept 07, and want no issues cropping up.

So we're suppose to act like Chicken Little (I'm SCARED) and just create bland, safe, generic homepages and post deadpan comments?

**** that sh!t. If some of the people who interview and hire others have unhealthy issues with people who are interesting, humorous, easy going, and laid back, would you really want to work for such stiff, boring, authoritarian people?

Comment

"Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

So we're suppose to act like Chicken Little (I'm SCARED) and just create bland, safe, generic homepages and post deadpan comments?

**** that sh!t. If some of the people who interview and hire others have unhealthy issues with people who are interesting, humorous, easy going, and laid back, would you really want to work for such stiff, boring, authoritarian people?
                            Please don't try to act like a bad ass, MrFun

And yes, I have career aspirations that could be affected negatively by having a loose blog.

Comment

Working...
                            X