Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You have forfeited your right to live"

Carlie Brucia's killer sentenced to death

SARASOTA, Florida (CNN) -- A Florida judge formally sentenced Joseph P. Smith to death Wednesday for the 2004 murder of Carlie Brucia, whose abduction was captured by a security camera and shown around the world.
    "You have forfeited your right to live" is what the judge said and it pretty much sums up my feelings about this.
    What?

Only Scientologists have a right to live! (According to Ol' Ron, at any rate.)
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: "You have forfeited your right to live"

Originally posted by Richelieu
      "You have forfeited your right to live" is what the judge said and it pretty much sums up my feelings about this.

This is the type of case for which the death penalty exists. Clear evidence that a man did a despicable crime against a little girl who did nothing to deserve it. The only bad part is that he'll get to drag things out through appeals. He should be in the gound by March 31st.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

20 years from now he'll still be hanging out. There should be one automatic appeal to the SCotUS then the sentence is carried out. None of this waiting around for decades stuff.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Where are you guys when I need you during DP debates?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

After years of taking part and seeing the same tired old arguments which never changed I have stopped taking part in those debates. They're just dumb.

Comment

Death penalty is always wrong.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                After years of taking part and seeing the same tired old arguments which never changed I have stopped taking part in those debates. They're just dumb.
                Chin up, it looks like we're headed for one right now.
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                  Death penalty is always wrong.
                  Death penalty is not always wrong.

There.
                  What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                    Death penalty is not always wrong.

There.
                    Yes it is
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Lets save some time

No its not

YES it is

NO its Not

YES IT IS

NO ITS NOT

Now that that portions of the debate has been fully explored . .. . please do proceed
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

And we've just seen a sum up of the average poly DP debate.

"Yes it is"

"No it isn't"

"Yes it is"

"No..."

(repeat until boredom takes you)

Comment

BURN IN HELL
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

PRAISE ALLAH

Comment

What the hell is this judge trying to do? Play God? If so then Carlie is as guilty to murder as the defendant.
                              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                              X