snitching for money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, tough call for me.

Doing it for money seems kind of shakey. How would you get any kind of reward? It's not like a missing persons case.

For myself, I couldn't see doing it for money. Like the missing persons cases, I would do it for free. though if there was a reward, I would accept it. . I might donate half to the victim's family or something. But in this case there is no victim.

As for meth. It's a nasty drug. My brother does it. Messed him up pretty good. I don't like it. But I also don't like being a snitch. I'm just not sure I could turn someone in like that.

Comment

Remember that in order to get the reward you'd likely have to testify. That might piss off the family or leave yourself open to revenge attacks. It might be better to simply leave an anonous tip or just ignore the matter.

It depends on if you think drug use is a victimless crime or not (I.E. like cigs or booze everyone knows it is bad for you before you do it).
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        ...and spec, i take your skepticism as a reflection of what youve done personally.
        Ask away, I can prove anything...I never lie...Maybe I should sometimes though...

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Ask away, I can prove anything...I never lie...Maybe I should sometimes though...

Spec.
          you dont have to prove anything, and im not gonna ask you to. i just dont understand why you wont take something said on the internet at face value and not get vested in it.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

and im trying my best to find his home address. i just dont ahve access to that kinda stuff though.
            He isn't in the phonebook?
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

you dont have to prove anything, and im not gonna ask you to. i just dont understand why you wont take something said on the internet at face value and not get vested in it.
              It's not against you MRT, I just find it hard to beleive that you are wondering if you should snitch on a guy you barely know or respect for a 4 digit reward, which you dont want to disclaim the amount.

Me, I wouldn't even think about it...let the guy burn and spend the cash.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

and now ive already tried and need to come up with more info.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It depends on if you think drug use is a victimless crime or not (I.E. like cigs or booze everyone knows it is bad for you before you do it).
                  Meth turns users violent and abusive, and a meth lab can blow up and damage other property in the neighborhood.

MRT, if you know for a fact that this guy is making meth and you don't report him, you are participating in the ruin of your community.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

and now ive already tried and need to come up with more info.
                    Call up his home, say that he has won some sort of prize (make up prize and organisation), and say that you need to mail him a voucher. Ask for the address.

Bounty hunters do that kind of things routinely. Ask Sloww
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Call your company from outside - tell them you're with IRS and need the address for the guy.

Comment

hmmmm, that is a possible way of doing it.

Comment

Yeah, assuming you don't get caught for impersonating government officials and end up doing time yourself, it should work.

It might be easier to get the fellas phone number and then lookup his address on the internet using a reverse lookup.

Comment

That reminds me...

If you know his name and the city he lives in, Anywho can find you a lot of info.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

yeah, ive exhausted those resources already

Comment

meth is bad news

that is dangerous ****

and the labs can cause explosions because of all the dangerous chemicals

especially since it's usually braindead toothless crackers cooking that stuff up

I'd report his ass even if there was no money involved

but tread lightly... make sure you are anonymous... don't let on you are looking for his address

it won't be hard for them to figure out who blew their operation if you go around asking questions and stuff and then the next day things get shut down...

I'm not worried about retaliation from your job... like getting fired or anything... you could sue easily for that. But like, meth dealers... that's bad news. If you can find out where they live, they could find out where you live.

Even if you get this lab shut down and this guy put away... this is most likely part of a network. Lots of people will be involved. You could be affecting income and supply for a lot of people. That could make a lot of people angry.

Just keep that in mind.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X