Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun
    Just so people do not misunderstand me.

I recently switched to full-time hours at Super Target because I need more money to cover living expenses and debt payments.

This is on top of working on my Masters thesis. And if I resume teaching part-time this fall, I will have to go back to part-time hours at Super Target again.

I will enjoy teaching full-time after I obtain my Masters -- what I do NOT enjoy doing right now full-time, is working at Super Target.
    Boo hoo! You want to work on your Masters, but make some extra money on the side and so are working at Target full time. You expect any of us to feel sorry for you? Hell, it ain't like you are working at the factory floor!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
      What I hate is that I've seen several studies showing that, in the case of office workers, you don't actually get more than 6 hours of productivity out of them no matter how long you force them to stay at work; the rest of the time is just spent screwing around. I, for one, would rather work like a dog from 8-2, then have the rest of the day to myself.
      I'd probably just screw around even more if I had less hours .

I do a lot of work in the last hour before I have to leave... this also may be because most of the people in my hallway have left for the day .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I normally just work my straight 40 then go home. If there's a big project going on in the field then I may work 50 or even 60 hours but since most of our clients are government agencies they insist on workers getting over time for their work; even salaried employees like me.

Once in a while if things are slow then I'll take off an hour early and only work 35-37 hours in a week. I try to make sure people don't see me leave early though.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I probably shouldn't post any rough statistics of my productivity, considering that I'm at work now.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
            Before I got my current job, I put in a 22 hour day at a warehouse. 6 hours later... back at work...
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You expect any of us to feel sorry for you?

No, but I expect unadulterated admiration, damn you!
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

seriously! i only work 40 and i have plenty of free time.
                and we know what you do with it DL
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

huh... MRT is back

what's up man!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

says fake boris
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      huh... MRT is back

what's up man!
                      not much, just workin an 8-5 making decent money, enjoying life! see youre in cincinnati, how you like it there? surprised by how many ****ing c racker barrels there are?
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

says fake boris

too bad the real Boris hasn't been around much since his move

how you like it there? surprised by how many ****ing c racker barrels there are?
                        Yeah, I'm sick of cracker barrels... how many hush puppies can one person eat!!!!!!!!1

Everything else is fine we all like her. Wifey can stay home with the daughter and we gots a much bigger house which is nice. Weather could be better, but it's exciting too.

Glad to hear you're still alive
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

well its good to hear that you enjoy it a bit. I was never a fan of ohioon my visits there, just too many fat smoking white people. but hey you can have chili with spaghetti right?

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

If he's a DL then he hired a stand in at the Seattle meet a few years back.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

im neither that rich or that obsessed

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                I normally just work my straight 40 then go home. If there's a big project going on in the field then I may work 50 or even 60 hours but since most of our clients are government agencies they insist on workers getting over time for their work; even salaried employees like me.

Once in a while if things are slow then I'll take off an hour early and only work 35-37 hours in a week. I try to make sure people don't see me leave early though.
                                In the last 6 weeks or so I have worked a couple 120+ hour weeks. Since I moved down here (2nd week of Jan) I haven't worked less than 60 hours in a week (and probably less than two weeks have I worked less than 80 in a week).

JM
                                (12 to 24 hours a day, 6 (and occasionally 7) days a week, gets you there)
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X