No announcement yet.

It sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the Department of Justice now is required to offer their workers the option to telecommute.

DanS might have more info but I think he works for State.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
      Yup,

I'm logging 37.5 in my govurnment job

sure I'm probably making 2/3 to 1/2 of what my peers are making, but hey, I have quite a nice life.
      Always a tradeoff. Most people don't have to work 70-80 hours, but they want the $100,000 a year salary and drive the BMW. Their choice.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        I believe the Department of Justice now is required to offer their workers the option to telecommute.

DanS might have more info but I think he works for State.
        Department of Labor has offered that ("flexiplace") for those who have worked in the Agency for a year, for a while now, I think. It'd be good for other Departments to have such an option... especially since Bush was trying to do away with the GS system (but lost).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Work to live. not live to work.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'd KILL to work 40 hours a week

Especially actually showing up and leaving the same time every day would rule

None of this on call 24 hours a day bull****
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              What do you do with all the free time if you work just 40 hours a week?
              seriously! i only work 40 and i have plenty of free time.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

40 isn't bad. i actually found myself getting bored. But once you start getting over 50... But it all depends on how much time you spend on computer games. I don't spend nearly as much time playing computer games as I did in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  The MrFun project has succeeded!

I hope you're wrong.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                    What do you do with all the free time if you work just 40 hours a week?

Spend it with people who matter in your personal life -- in other words, quality time with true friends and your family.

Spending some of the free time just with yourself, doing whatever you enjoy doing -- enjoying living for the sake of living!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You don't know how good it is. I'm glad I didn't go into private practice. I go in for my 40 hours and I'm done. My fellow law students are pulling 60, 70, 80 hour weeks.

I really don't mind 40 hours a week either.

Just so people do not misunderstand me.

I recently switched to full-time hours at Super Target because I need more money to cover living expenses and debt payments.

This is on top of working on my Masters thesis. And if I resume teaching part-time this fall, I will have to go back to part-time hours at Super Target again.

I will enjoy teaching full-time after I obtain my Masters -- what I do NOT enjoy doing right now full-time, is working at Super Target.

Comment

What I hate is that I've seen several studies showing that, in the case of office workers, you don't actually get more than 6 hours of productivity out of them no matter how long you force them to stay at work; the rest of the time is just spent screwing around. I, for one, would rather work like a dog from 8-2, then have the rest of the day to myself.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

You are correct Rufus

On top of that, the productivity surveys that come out, the top 5 countries, all beating the US, all have less than 40 hours a week workweeks.

Comment

You are correct Rufus

On top of that, the productivity surveys that come out, the top 5 countries, all beating the US, all have less than 40 hours a week workweeks.
                            And more vacation, too. Which makes sense; the promise of 6 weeks vacation would certainly do wonders for my productivity.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

You are correct Rufus

Good to know that my protest is backed with evidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                                What I hate is that I've seen several studies showing that, in the case of office workers, you don't actually get more than 6 hours of productivity out of them no matter how long you force them to stay at work; the rest of the time is just spent screwing around. I, for one, would rather work like a dog from 8-2, then have the rest of the day to myself.
                                Just wondering, would you have links or cites to these studies? I love to look at some of them.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X