No announcement yet.

Screw you guys, I'm going home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparantly they did not show the episode last wednesday night. Perhaps Tom Cruise pulled some strings? Kind of bull**** that comedy central pulled that repeat airing. Or it could just be a publicity stunt.

Comment

While the "South Park" creators didn't directly comment on Comedy Central's decision to pull the episode, they issued an unusual statement to Daily Variety indicating the battle is not over.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

Comment

I didn't even realize they were still making new episodes though. Are they any good? I only watched like the first 2 seasons. I kind of grew bored after that. I still want to see the movie one of these days.
        The last season (8) was probably the best ever. Awesome-O, The Passion of the Jew, Critter Christmas, etc. Good stuff.

Irreverence towards towards everything and everyone.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Hayes' Chef Sort of Returns on 'South Park'
          40 minutes ago
          NEW YORK - "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker vowed vengeance last week in their running battle with Scientology — and Wednesday night's new-season premiere appears to be the start.

Isaac Hayes may have left the animated satire in a huff over what he described as religious "intolerance and bigotry," but his Chef character, which he's voiced since 1997, isn't forgotten.

The Comedy Central cartoon begins its 10th season with an episode titled "The Return of Chef!" The character's return follows by just a few days Hayes' statement that he was quitting because he could no longer accept the show's satirical blasts at religion.

Stone and Parker quickly shot back that Hayes had no problem poking fun at religions until "South Park" took on Scientology in an episode last fall. Hayes is a Scientologist.

Hayes didn't return to voice the new episode, but there's widespread speculation that the mischievous Stone and Parker used creative editing of his voicing from past shows to fashion new dialogue.

Comedy Central on Tuesday began running promos of the episode that featured what appeared to be Hayes' voice.

According to the show's synopsis: "The town is jolted out of a case of the doldrums when Chef suddenly reappears. While Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are thrilled to have their old friend back, they notice that something about Chef seems different. When Chef's strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him."

The show's feud with Scientology heated up further last week when, a couple of days after Hayes' blast, a scheduled rerun of an episode skewering Scientology, and famous follower Tom Cruise, was pulled without notice. A blogger site reported that Cruise had used his clout to force the episode's removal, a charge Cruise's representative denied. The next day Parker and Stone issued a statement promising more to come.

Wednesday's show is the first of seven new "South Park" episodes.

Comment

The next season will be entirely Scientology episodes.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What? No Muhammed episodes?!? In a way I'm glad we moved on to Scientology.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
              X