Screw you guys, I'm going home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw you guys, I'm going home...

...Ripping on Scientology is where I draw the line.

Good riddance, crybaby.

Isaac Hayes Quits 'South Park'

By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer 33 minutes ago

NEW YORK -
    Isaac Hayes has quit "South Park," where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on religion.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Hayes, who has played the ladies' man/school cook in the animated Comedy Central satire since 1997, said in a statement Monday that he feels a line has been crossed.

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

Last November, "South Park" targeted the Church of Scientology and its celebrity followers, including actors Tom Cruise and
    John Travolta, in a top-rated episode called "Trapped in the Closet." In the episode, Stan, one of the show's four mischievous fourth graders, is hailed as a reluctant savior by Scientology leaders, while a cartoon Cruise locks himself in a closet and won't come out.

Stone told The AP he and co-creator Trey Parker "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Maybe they could get a Muslim to fill his place.

Comment

Hayes is a loser. They rip far worse on Christianity and Judaism (and Muslims/Arabs have never been portrayed in a flattering light).

Though, it'll be wierd hearing a different voice for Chef.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That would be too weird... Maybe they'll kill off the character.
        CSPA

Comment

Why don't the Scientologists just stop calling themselves a religion? The Scientologists I've ever heard speak up have flat out denied that Scientology was religion. They generally describe it as a type of therapy. Their little scheme could do just as well as a not-for-profit corporation, and they wouldn't face the ridicule.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I would like to see Chef go displaying Hayes' hypocrisy.
            They could use old vocal recordings ("Com' on chidren") to put together something for Chef's departure.

Chef
            Hayes

Comment

South Park, and the important task of ridiculing religion at all times
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I watched the team america movie and ended up thinking the south park dudes are closet right wingers
                I need a foot massage

Comment

hes probably put down a lot of money on Scientology, I can see him not wanting to ridicule that.

Comment

They're going to have to bring back Mr. Derp now.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

"Oh my god! They killed Chef!"
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

L. Ron Hubbard is merely dead. He's not a god.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Teh wif belives that actors in Scientology aren't really in the same cult as everyone else. They're getting paid to be spokespeople for teh cult. Someone had to remind Hayes of his contractual relationship to stick up for teh cult, hence the major lag time between Hayes quitting and the anti-Scientology episode.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            L. Ron Hubbard is merely dead. He's not a god.
                            Sounds awefully much like that Jesus Nazoraios guy.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                              "Oh my god! They killed Chef!"
                              Do this stew taste funny to you??

Comment

Working...
                              X