NHL Fantasy League thread 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sutter sucks - FACT!
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Sutter plays down his team and players and plays up the competition.

MacTavish and Crawford make excuses for their team.

People are wondering why Edmonton and Vancouver were so half-hearted in these games, it's because they don't have anyone capable of lighting a fire under their asses or someone to set them goals and whip them until they achieve them.

They're more suited for peewee hockey than professional hockey. These guys are paid to perform, if they're not performing let them know that in no uncertain terms. Any coach who makes reference to "lucky bounces" deserves to be fired on the spot.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Anaheim in 5.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
          Anaheim in 5.
          Quoted for preservation.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• If the Ducks win in 4 I'll be so embarrassed.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Vancouver fans are so bitter that it's a bit funny. Worse than Leafs fans, really.

Comment

• I was predicting a first round exit for Calgary long before the Canucks made me a bitter fan, sir.

Comment

• You've been bitter ever since Calgary eliminated Vancouver in the first round last season, chum.

The suckage of the 'nucks this year is just icing on the cake.

Comment

• Once again you over-estimate the impact of the Calgary Flames.

I'm a loyal hockey fan, I love the Vancouver Canucks
                    I don't care if they lose, they'll always be worth the bucks
                    And I don't care if they bumble or stumble or if they fumble the pucks
                    'Cause I'm a loyal hockey fan, I love the Vancouver Canucks
                    Attached Files

Comment

• What a crappy song.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• It suits the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                          What a crappy song.
                          You're right. Not as good as the hockey song.

Hello out there, we're on the air
                          it's hockey night tonight!
                          The tension grows,
                          the whistle blows,
                          and the puck goes down the ice.
                          The goalie jumps,
                          and the players bump,
                          and the fans all go insane.
                          Someone roars:
                          "Bobby Scores!"
                          At the good old hockey game!

Oh!
                          The good old hockey game!
                          It's the best game you can name!
                          And the best game you can name,
                          is the good old hockey game!

Where players dash,
                          with skates a-flash,
                          the home team trails behind.
                          But they grab the puck,
                          and go bursting up,
                          and they're down across the line.
                          They storm the crease,
                          like bumblebees,
                          and they travel like a burning flame.
                          We see them slide the puck inside,
                          its a one- one hockey game!

Oh!
                          Its the best game you can name!

Last game in the play-offs too.
                          Oh take me where the hockey players
                          face off down the rink,
                          And the Stanley Cup,
                          is all filled up,
                          for the champs who win the drink!
                          Now the final flick,
                          of a hockey stick,
                          and a one gigantic scream:
                          "THE PUCK IS IN! THE HOME TEAM WINS!"
                          At the good old hockey game

OH!
                          Its the best game you can name!
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Anaheim in 3.

Comment

• sutter is a good coach.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Alright, here's my stab at the first round:

West:
                                Detroit v. Edmonton - Maybe the easiest series to call. Edmonton will probably take a game on pure emotion, but in the end it's Detroit in 5.

Dallas v. Colorado - The biggest question mark here is Theodore, but I'm not betting on him. Colorado's offense is always dangerous, but Dallas in 6.

Kiprusoff v. Anaheim - Anaheim put on an impressive late season charge, but unless he goes down, I gotta go with Kiprusoff in 6.

Nashville v. San Jose - I still have a hard time believing Nashville is for real. Sure, they're a decent team, but San Jose is just too strong right now. San Jose in 5.

East:
                                Ottawa v. Tampa Bay - No repeats this year, as this is also one of the easier series to call. Ottawa may have stumbled into the playoffs, but Tampa simply isn't up to snuff this year. Ottawa in 5.

Carolina v. Montreal - My money's on this one to be the biggest first round upset. I'm still not entirely sure how Carolina finished second in the East. Montreal in 6.

New Jersey v. NYR - Jersey's too hot, and they have Brodeur. Jagr's great, but he's not enough. New Jersey in 5.

Buffalo v. Philadelphia - Cinderella season for Buffalo, but I just can't see them knocking off a Forsberged Philly - although their goaltending is suspect. Philadelphia in 6.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X