Nightmare of the Zombie Debts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    Scary...especially when coupled with the new preditory lending practices. The department I'm working in now sees a lot of "collection cases."

One loan company which advertises it makes loans based upon "trusting you" charges interest rates up to 54%/year. And I see tons of credit cards and car loan cases with loans up to 30%. I saw one $10,000 car, which would cost $40,000 in payments once interest was figured in.

Agreeing to pay 30% interest is why you guys can't make your payments!
    I went to my bank, whom I've banked with for many years, and they offered me a loan at 20% interest...I told them where they could stick it
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Golly, imagine having a debt years old, having forgotten about it, then it comes back to haunt you with interest just when your life was berginning to improve. I'll bet there are huge numbers of people vulnerable to this sort of heartbreak. You'd have to be a truly heartless scumbag to do this to folks. If I knew someone involved in thsi dirty little business there would be just one thing I'd want to say to him............................................... .................................................. How do I get in on this gravy train?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The only time I never clear my credit card in full each month is when I get a 0% (e.g. introductory) offer. Plus I get cashback 1%.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          Golly, imagine having a debt years old, having forgotten about it, then it comes back to haunt you with interest just when your life was berginning to improve.

Well, they can only come after you if you let them. Legally they can't touch you.

How do I get in on this gravy train?

There's a list of the more successful companies doing this in the link in the OP.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
          X