Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could it be there is a better fastfood joint then In'N' Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Literally, it means barbeque, and it bears a great resemblance to Korean barbeque. You would know it as pot roast. As for Mrs Tubes is talkin' about, I don't know. Different parts of Mexico have different words for different things.

Although head cheese or tongue burritos are not unheard of in real Mexican taquerias.

Tongue burritos
    unshaved tongue burritos
    Umm yes and no, while it is a method of cooking, traditionally, the cow's head is what is cooked, not a roast. Sheep and pig are also used.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Like I said, it depends. I went to some rather "traditional" Mexican resteraunts in Chicago (brain tacos, ewwwwww) and they seperated barbacoa from head cheese.

You know, it's kinda like empenadas and menudo. It means different things in different places.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        LOL @ Imran for turning casual discussion into high strung court room battles.

"DID YOU ORDER THE PICKLES ON YOUR BURGER COLONEL?????? DID YOU??"

"YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THE PICKLES!!!!!!!"
        Hey, Oerdin is the one who claimed 'stealing the business plan' and totally misrepresented Chipotle as like McD's with Mexican food.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Like I said, it depends. I went to some rather "traditional" Mexican resteraunts in Chicago (brain tacos, ewwwwww) and they seperated barbacoa from head cheese.

You know, it's kinda like empenadas and menudo. It means different things in different places.

There are what, maybe six Mexicans in Chicago? Of course barbacoa isn't the same there. Who would know the difference?

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Everybody loves fish tacos but for some reason I don't get that either.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              Everybody loves fish tacos but for some reason I don't get that either.
              What kind of fish tacos?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Damn even I didn't get that in the orginal post.

Now THOSE kinda fish tacos I definitley enjoy all day, and allll night, and tomorrow, and the next day yee haw!!!!!
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted Striker

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Hey, Oerdin is the one who claimed 'stealing the business plan' and totally misrepresented Chipotle as like McD's with Mexican food.
                    It is pretty much a carbon copy from the business plan, the method of production, right down to the signiture using aluminium foil to wrap the burritos instead of paper like most burrito places use. The main differences seem to be that Chipotle sells beer and Freebird's doesn't but the decore is the same, the marketing is the same, and the food is pretty much the same. In short they're damn near identical except I heard of Freebird's long before I ever heard of Chipotle (mainly because I lived next to the original Freebird's in Isla Vista).
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Only 500 calories in a Tommy Burger? Sounds kinda low to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        It is pretty much a carbon copy from the business plan, the method of production, right down to the signiture using aluminium foil to wrap the burritos instead of paper like most burrito places use. The main differences seem to be that Chipotle sells beer and Freebird's doesn't but the decore is the same, the marketing is the same, and the food is pretty much the same. In short they're damn near identical except I heard of Freebird's long before I ever heard of Chipotle (mainly because I lived next to the original Freebird's in Isla Vista).
                        There is a place called Willy's California Grill in Atlanta, which came about in 1995, before Chipotle hit it bit. It has the same method of production, uses aluminum foil, and the food is just about the same (they don't have barbacoa though). Moe's, another fast food burrito place has exactly the same thing (to the point I thought Willy's and Moe's were sister franchises... and though Chipotle stole from both of them).

Are all of these restaurants stealing their business plan from Freebird? What, did they all fly to California at the same time?

Comment

Foil wrapped burritos, egad!

Laughing Planet in Bloomington, Indiana foil wraps burritos. They only date from 1995, Goddamn theives

Labamba's dates from 1987. I forget if they use foil.

****, what about the Bell. Founded in 1962. Doesn't use foil, but then again they predate these other identity theives.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

It's not just the foil. It's how the restaurant is laid out with the customer walking down an assembly line telling the workers what they want (similiar to subway) and that it is a highly Americanized (I.E. fastfoodized) version of real Mexican food. It's also the decor and the vib you get from the place. Either everyone suddenly came up with the exact same business plan or people have been stealing ideas from each other.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

does anyone have Robertos taco shop where they live? They are alright I guess. Nothing to write home about. But better than Taco Bell.

Comment

Working...
                                X