Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL: Collective Bargaining extension approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bengals are the new, trendy, overrated team everyone likes.

The Steelers have Joey Porter, which is enough reason for me to hate them, but furthermore, they knocked the Colts out, and they get annoyingly caught up in praising themselves for being a "physical" team.

The Browns are lame, and they don't seem to care that they don't have either talent or personality. Who the hell is taking up their cap space, anyway?

The Ravens have an annoying habit of signing players with off-the-field problems, they whine at the refs and commit huge numbers of penalties, they overpay aging players, and mismanage their salary cap.

What a crappy division.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
      What a crappy division.
      Two teams in the playoffs, one a Super Bowl winner - yeah, divisions should be so "crappy."
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
        Two teams in the playoffs, one a Super Bowl winner - yeah, divisions should be so "crappy."

I'm a little surprised that you hate the Ravens but like the Colts, considering that you're from MoCo. Pretty much everyone down there hates the Colts, as they're still angry that Irsay stole them away from Baltimore.

The Bengals are Colts-lite (though I think I'd rather have Palmer or Kitna than Manning when playoff time comes around).
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I have one home team, and it's the Redskins.

I don't care how well a division played or didn't play. They're still crappy.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
            I don't care how well a division played or didn't play. They're still crappy.
            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Nice to see the millionaires reached an agreement with the billionaires.

Roughly $10 MM increase in salary cap, 32 teams
              = $320,000,000
              x 6 years = $1.92 Billion for the NFLPA.

And as usual, not a penny from either the owners or the players for the old timers, who played for a pittance and had no union or retirement fund.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It looks like the Colts have a very good chance of keeping James. Harrison and Manning took salary restructuring to save a whole lot of cap room. It has to be so they could keep the trio together.

Comment

Working...
                X