Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL: Collective Bargaining extension approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: Collective Bargaining extension approved!

From the breaking news on CBS Sportsline:

BREAKING NEWS
    CBA extension approved
    NFL owners approve a six-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

WOOT!!!
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Though it was funny how the "Deadline" kept on being pushed back. It wasn't much of a deadline, was it?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Now we can get to the fun stuff... like Dante Culpepper telling the Vikes to trade or release him!

Comment

ESPN's take:
          [q="ESPN.com"]
          NFL owners have approved a six-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement by a vote of 30-2 Wednesday night.

Buffalo and Cincinnati were the two teams to vote against the proposal, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

ESPNEWS reports that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones briefly left the owners' meeting shortly before the 8 p.m. deadline the owners set to decide on the extension and told the waiting throng of reporters that owners were "getting close, getting close," but that it would take about "30 minutes" before anything was known. Jones did not offer any other details.

Earlier Wednesday, the NFL moved back the waiver deadline for teams to get below the salary cap from 9 p.m. ET Wednesday to 11 p.m. ET.

Free agency is set to begin at 12:01 a.m. ET Thursday.
          [/q]
          NFL owners have approved a six-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement by a vote of 30-2 Wednesday night.

Literally being updated as we speak (They added several paragraphs as I read it ...)

Comment

Looks like it'll be a half hour til more is known, but an "extension" sounds like it's the same deal as before. That means $104m cap, doesn't it? (Also means the Colts can keep Edge... Jaguar, you're safe to watch another late playoff breakdown instead of earlier in the season )

Comment

So does that mean the new cap will be higher, like ~$105M?

From what I've read, it seems like the Chargers are letting Drew Brees go, perhaps to become a Dolphin. While I'd be in favor of that, I've got to wonder what the hell San Diego is thinking.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I guess it would... but without the deal, it'd be a $94 million cap. So they gained an extra $10 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                  From what I've read, it seems like the Chargers are letting Drew Brees go, perhaps to become a Dolphin. While I'd be in favor of that, I've got to wonder what the hell San Diego is thinking.
                  It's actually because Brees got hurt in the last game of the year. A game which really meant nothing, but Schottenheimer put Brees in and Brees hurt himself, so SD decided to cut him .

Really classless. I hope it bites them in the ass.

Comment

I'm beginning to hate the Chargers. My team preferences fluctuate as they pick up players and coaches I like, etc.

Colts, Redskins and Bills are the three teams I actively root for. The teams I despise most are the Jaguars (yes, ironic, I know) the Seahawks, the entire AFC North, the Vikings, and most of all, the Raiders.

God, I hate the Raiders. **** them.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Gosh darn the Packers ...

Comment

If I had to choose, I think I'd pick Packers over Bears. I hate the Lions and the Vikings, though. **** them.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I was hoping for chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

I was hoping for chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                              I'm beginning to hate the Chargers. My team preferences fluctuate as they pick up players and coaches I like, etc.

Colts, Redskins and Bills are the three teams I actively root for. The teams I despise most are the Jaguars (yes, ironic, I know) the Seahawks, the entire AFC North, the Vikings, and most of all, the Raiders.
                              Why do you hate the AFC North?
                              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X