Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get to the top of the career ladder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to keep your integrity totally intact the farther you get up the chain. The best men limit the number of compromises they have to make. But some have to be made.

I've done thousands of golf shots while attending to business. I can count on one hand the number of shots I didn't give it my all for political reasons. So I can say, on that score, my integrity is generally intact, but it's been slightly tarnished. There are those that such decisions don't pose a problem. Those are the ones to look out for, since that type of mentality will be consistent in all areas.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What a bunch of whores?!
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What's the old joke,
        Would you sleep with me for a million dollars, "yes"
        Would you sleep with me for 50 bucks, "slap, what do you think I am, a whore?"
        That's already been determined, now we're just argueing the price.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
          if so, i wouldn't say his training of provost has been a rip-roaring success
          Criticise me when you're old enough to start listening to proper music!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            What's the old joke,
            Would you sleep with me for a million dollars, "yes"
            Would you sleep with me for 50 bucks, "slap, what do you think I am, a whore?"
            That's already been determined, now we're just argueing the price.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How to "suck down": show off your elite dancing skills!

We had a leaving do about a month after I started my new job, and ended up in a club. Now I'm no Napoleon Dynamite, but I can shake my funky thang, and now all the kids in the office think I'm god's gift. Now I only need to work on my swing (but not too much, the bosses love it if you play with them at golf, and are good, but then throw it away on the final few holes. ).

Comment

Re: How to get to the top of the career ladder...

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                If you're female, sleep your way to the top. If you're male, golf your way to the top.
                I was talking the other day to a buddy of mine who is the number two guy in his department. He was lamenting that his boss had slept her way to the top. "She's really smart," he said. "If someone had made her sit down and learn how to do her job, she would have been really good at it." I find that very sad.

Comment

Actually I thought the joke was

What's the difference between a sheithead and a brown nose?

Depth perception
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Criticise me when you're old enough to start listening to proper music!
                    What? That depressing crap you listen to?

Comment

Well you're old enough to be listening to the funeral march
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

and have been there for it's first performance
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X