Gentlemen, start your engines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentlemen, start your engines!

Ok, so the 2006 F1 season is about to begin...

Rules has changed yet another time - 20 % engine reduction, though some of the teams may be allowed to use 3 liter engines (no mention of wich).

Tyre change reintroduced.

Engine reduction should make the cars slower, but I won't be surprised if they soon catch up.

Tyre shift - - "one tyre" drive demanded good driving skills especially at the end, but with shifts they can press harder. That is - there are still the one engine - two races limit.

Qualification has until now been quite boring - who want to see a car take a one lap ?

The new setup looks like it actually can be interesting - 2 x 15 min stints and one 20. No sleep for those that want to be in places 1-10.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

I already have my tickets for the 3 days of the Montreal Grand Prix.

I just hope there won't be a huge difference between Bridgestone and Michelin. Not enough to consistantly influence the outcome, anyway.
    As for the use of the V8, i read a few comments from drivers who welcomed it. Some say it will put the aspiration factor back into the race, allowing for more passes at the end of the straights. I hope they're right.
    What?

Comment

One good thing with tyreshift is that we won't see the US GP circus again - maybe thats why it is introduced
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

OK. Predictions?

Drivers
        1- Button - He will get a reliable car and his team will be behind him all the way.

2 - Alonso - Renault won't support him as much as they should because of his move next year. Otherwise, he'd be 1st.

3 - Schumacher. He won't have a particularly good year but the McLaren's will be so inconsistent - cars AND drivers - that 3rd place will be his for the taking.

Constructors

1 - Honda. It all rests on whether Button can be consistent AND good. We already know that Barichello can't.

2 - Renault. The car is that good. And the team will want the title. Fisichella will have to have a good year though. (Can't be worse than the last, anyway)

3 - Ferrari. Massa will surprise some people i think - Michael in particular - if the team helps him.

There.
        Last edited by Richelieu; March 8, 2006, 16:25.
        What?

Comment

That reminds me...I should get back in touch with my older brother. In his sunset years, he took up Atlantic Formula racing and was doing very well. He really pissed off one of the best drivers in Colorado when the guy couldn't shake him, and then at the finish line, this white haired geezer climbs out of the following car.

--Uh that is, my brother was doing well until the race when he hit a wall doing 90 mph. One of his wheels ripped off, flew up into the air and landed on his head. Last I saw him, he was healing slowing and his crew was putting what was left of his car back together for the next season.

Comment

That should learn him to wear a helmet and drive parallel to the walls

Hope he has recovered

Predictions ? Well my interest between seasons is a bit low - there may be room for a hair between that and total ignorance, but I doubt .

Well, some 2 cents :

Drivers :

1. Kimi - He must be very hungry and mercedes have had four months to stabilise the engine. There is no doubt that it was the best in 2005 but had the bad habit of exploding. If not, we might experience a Finn expressing feelings

2. Button - good driver, stable car though not the best.

3. Alonso - you are probably rigth, the team will make some "oups, sorry" to him - it's after all a french team.

Schumi is a joker. No doubt the man can drive and is still hungry, it all depends upon the car ferrari comes up with. He did after all make a decent result with that piece of crap he had in 2005.

Constructors:

1. Maclaren - that is if they stop blowing up the engines.

2. Honda - stable car stable, good drivers.

3. Ferrari - that is if Massa gets his act together.

This is totally without any warrant - I might change my mind after sunday

Steven Weinberg

Comment

This is totally without any warrant - I might change my mind after sunday
              I reserve the right to do the same.
              What?

Comment

Working...
              X