Teh reagan is not happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious

If people are already suceeding why do you have to encourage them.
    Firstly why not?

Secondly to promote even more successes rather than wallow in the self pity of the "why me" syndrome.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Firstly why not?

Secondly to promote even more successes rather than wallow in the self pity of the "why me" syndrome.
      huh?

so...

make the rich richer...

and screw everyone else because they are upset because their life sucks?

wow... you are a real humanitarian, aren't you?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

YEAH DUDE

POOR PEOPLE HAVE TOTALLY MADE OUT LIKE BANDITS

I WISH I WERE POOR

BEING POOR IS AWESOME

maybe you should take into account, inflation

the value of those dollars, etc...

and while the drop of 50% sounds like a lot

that money, the money someone making $10k a year is getting taxed, is a hell of a lot more important to that person than the money some CEO is getting taxed...

you are talking about maybe a few grand a year, but that is huge to someone who doesn't have a lot of money

whereas, a few million is peanuts to someone with $100 million
        Don't be an idiot of course being poor sux, cost of living increases make it extremely difficult. That, however, doesn't negate the fact that the poor are paying far less than they ever did before in taxes and much less on a percentage basiss than any other group which by the way was the crux of your statements that the burden of taxation has been shifted to the unfortunate, clearly a falsehood.
        Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; March 8, 2006, 16:23.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

huh?

so...

make the rich richer...
          Yes thats right good show

Why not?

and screw everyone else because they are upset because their life sucks?
          Exactly how does paying less in taxes in terms of real dollars and rates (and having the largest reduction in terms of percentage paid to the governement) than ever before screw them?

Comment

Firstly why not?
            um... less tax revenue
            Oh please you know that you don't have to pay people to become richer. It's human nature to make yourself as rich as you can.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Exactly how does paying less in taxes in terms of real dollars and rates (and having the largest reduction in terms of percentage paid to the governement) than ever before screw them?
              Because more of the burden is on them.

The alternative is to lower the taxes for them even more... or to not tax them at all...

Is this making any sense to you?

or is this flying right over your head?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

oh BTW, corporations and such, could probably get even richer if they had a rich and productive consumer base to buy their goods and services...

instead of everyone being all poor and stuff...

JUST A THOUGHT
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

um... less tax revenue
                  Let me see if I get this right. Your Einsteinian like wit is encouraging people not to succeed so that we garner less taxes for the governement.

Hey if that works for you fine but me personally I like making sure the governement is properly funded. having more successful people paying at higher tax rates seems a good thing in that regard.

Oh please you know that you don't have to pay people to become richer. It's human nature to make yourself as rich as you can.
                  Actually its human nature to be perverse little whiney gits who sit around bemoaning others good fortune.

Comment

Because more of the burden is on them.

The alternative is to lower the taxes for them even more... or to not tax them at all...

Is this making any sense to you?

or is this flying right over your head?
                    Ahhh therein lies the crux they already pay a paltry 2.95% effective tax rate you simply wish their income tax to go away completely.

If thats your position fine but please don't misrepresent it as the tax burden has shifted to the poor when clearlyit hasn't. The ability to make ends meet may be harder to day perhaps but that is not the fault of having to pay larger share of taxes.

Comment

others good fortune.
                      is that what you call it when someone manipulates the tax code to their advantage, create a system that allows them to exploit people, and basically makes it possible for them to make more money than anyone in the history of the world?

oh wait... no... that's called...

"encouraging success"

right?

sorry... I forget about all these buzz words and stuff

you should work for the information ministry
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

clearlyit hasn't.
                        do you need another math lesson?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

do you need another math lesson?
                          Or perhaps a presnetation lesson so that facts are clearly understood.

What part of

If thats the game you want to play then your foolish but even so average tax rate on bottom 50% people fell from 6.1% to 2.95%. Thats a 51.6% tax rate reduction.

Take a look at the top 1% earners their rate fell from 34.47% to 24.31% Thats a 29.5% tax rate reduction

Or maybe the top 5% earners their rate was 26.85% and in 2003 became 20.74% Thats a whopping 22.8% tax rate reduction.

Let look at the top 25% earners shall we, they went from 19.72% to 15.28%. How can they live with all themselves knowing the've got an incredible reductionin taxes of 22.5% tax rate reduction.

Face it the people barely getting by (i.e. the lower 50% income families) have by far and away gotten the largest breaks in rate as well as contribute the smallest amount in actual taxes collected and the trend continues.
                          eludes your mathematical grasp. The quoted figrues are real paid tax rates after deductions etc.

Comment

Let me see if I get this right. Your Einsteinian like wit is encouraging people not to succeed so that we garner less taxes for the governement.

Hey if that works for you fine but me personally I like making sure the governement is properly funded. having more successful people paying at higher tax rates seems a good thing in that regard.
                            Do you have any idea how much you would have to tax someone until they worked less? It's like 80%, and we have never been anywhere near that level. You're argument is total crap with no basis.

Comment

Do you have any idea how much you would have to tax someone until they worked less? It's like 80%, and we have never been anywhere near that level. You're argument is total crap with no basis.
                              Ohhh puhlease, you have no idea what the tax implications are for new business owners and whether their businesses go belly up or not. The purpose is to encourage small business ventures in any and all regards.

Comment

Ohhh puhlease, you have no idea what the tax implications are for new business owners and whether their businesses go belly up or not. The purpose is to encourage small business ventures in any and all regards.
                                Why so that more can fail? If they can't pay the tax maybe they don't need to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X