Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radical Islamist vs. Hinduism : The battle rages on . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temples are just buildings. Only savages give a **** about fetishes being destroyed. What should be upsetting in the OP is that twelve human beings were destroyed.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying here. You're advocating a reprisal attack on Pakistani territory, yet you say that the current degree of raproachment between Pakistan and India will not be affected.
      I am reluctant to classify Pakistan Occupied Kashmir as Pakistani territory . It is Indian territory , temporarily occupied by Pakistan . And the reprisal attack will not be against Pakistan , but against terrorist training camps which happen to be POK .

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I assure you that if the Indian Air Force bombs the portion of Kashmir under Pakistan control it will affect relationships, particularily if you do not have truly solid proof that these attacks are being launched by the groups stationed in Kashmir. Even if your government did have the solid proof it would be better to bring the evidence before the international community and the government of Pakistan first.
      A terrorist group , suspected to be a shadow organisation of the Lashkar-e-Toiba , has owned up to the attacks . I don't think you need more solid proof . This problem has to be tackled in two ways . The first is through the bombing of terrorist camps . The second is by spreading a net of covert operators among the recruiting grounds of these terrorists , which are the madarsas and other Islamic organisations which receive foreign funding .

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
        I am reluctant to classify Pakistan Occupied Kashmir as Pakistani territory . It is Indian territory , temporarily occupied by Pakistan .

And you say you aren't an ultra-nationalist Indian. Then you say **** like this.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Jericho has a population of approximately 19,000.[1] It is believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in the world.

Interestingly enough, Varanasi's article on Wikipedia has no mentions to a claim of oldest or longest inhabited city.
          Interesting how towns claim all sorts of things.

The ancient city of Jericho is located about 2km from the modern city of Jericho.

Evidence suggests that the city has been inhabited on and off through the Mesolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze-Iron ages...
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It appears to be pretty old, but could be just another town claiming some distinction.
            At least they aren't claiming to be a biblically blown up fort.

The land of Varanasi (Kashi) has been an ultimate pilgrimage spot for Hindus for ages. Often referred to as Benares, Varanasi is the oldest living city in the world and as Mark Twain said, "Benaras is older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend and looks twice as old as all of them put together". Hindus believe that one who is graced to die on the land of Varanasi, would attain salvation and freedom from the cycle of birth and re-birth. Abode of Lord Shiva and Parvati, who are believed to be the foremost citizens of the city as they lived here for sometime after their marriage and worshipped for being the holiest city along side Ganga, the origins of Varanasi are yet unknown. Ganges in Varanasi is believed to have the power to wash away the sins of mortals and thus, the innumerable Ghats of Ganga in the city are accounted for.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Still none those towns can claim to have the biggest chicken. Fallowville, Kentucky has that.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I doubt Fallowville has a UFO landing pad.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                X