Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radical Islamist vs. Hinduism : The battle rages on . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My condolences aneeshm, let's hope this isn't the beginning of a campaign. Let's also hope that the response of the Hindu public will be restrained. More than likely someone wants to reverse the current improvement in relationships between Pakistan and India.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin

Good, peace loving Indian people and the humanitarian government of theirs..

Akhem akhem.. sikh genocide.. akhem akhem..
      Nonsense . The operation to crush the khalistani movement was spearhended by a Sikh ( KPS Gill ) . Why would be perpetrate a genocide on his own people ?

aneeshm, I strongly suggest you stop promoting your ultra-nationalist views here.
      As far as I know , I have not expressed any ultra-nationalist views .

Whilst I understand this is OT, there are still some rules to be obeyed, even if not written.
      You're getting nowhere with this.
      Where , pray , would I want to go , and with what ?

You might want to read about sikh genocide and Khalistani movement in India, even Wiki has it in detail if you're lazy to search for more.
      This quote should give an idea:
      That wiki article was marked controversial , and I assume was written by a khalistani , given its tone . Give me an unbiased source that I can trust ( and a site with a name like "sikhgenocide" obviously does not count ) . Let us not forget that this whole thing was finally sorted out by a Sikh , not anyone else .

Khalistan , the movement , eventually deteriorated into Bhindranwale instituting a reign of terror in Punjab , extorting money from the people , and fortifying himself in the golden temple , assuimng that the Indian authorities would not attack a Sikh holy place . The Indian authorities , on realising that it needed to take out Bhindranwale to end the problem , were forced , again under the command of this same Sikh , to attack the temple and kill Bhindranwale . He was a terrorist - and I think we all know what is the best thing to do to terrorists .

And by the way - you have absolutely not idea about the situation of the ground , do you ? Living in India , I know that the problem is solved . There is no Hindu animosity towards the Sikha , nor is there any Sikh animosity towards Hindus . Punjab is just like any other state . The only place Khalistan exists is in a few internet sites . It has no resonance with the people of Punjab any longer .

And just FYI - the current prime minister of the country is a Sikh . The President is a Muslim . And I support both of them ( and so do all the other people I know ) . Could such a political decision have been possible without the khalistan problem having been satisfactorily resolved ?
      Last edited by aneeshm; March 8, 2006, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

My condolences aneeshm, let's hope this isn't the beginning of a campaign.
        Unfortuantely , the terrorists have already shown that they will attack soft targets . First the Akshardham temple , then a unversity in Bangalore , then the diwali bombings , then this .

Let's also hope that the response of the Hindu public will be restrained.
        You hope that the response of the Hindu public will be restrained . I hope that there will be a response at all . Hindus are so utterly apathetic towards their own interests that I despair of anyone ever respongind coherently to anything of this sort . Till now , there has been no response from the Hindus ( but Muslim leaders have been quick to condemn it , thankfully ) .

More than likely someone wants to reverse the current improvement in relationships between Pakistan and India.
        Won't happen . What India and Pakistan need are people-to-people contacts , specially in Kashmir .

Comment

quote by you
          How was the Khalistani movement crushed ? By a ruthless operation . What happened ? The problem was solved .

Originally posted by aneeshm(..)blah blah blah(..)

So you think US Department of State has no idea either, nor has people in India (like some stupid newspapers ), nor do anyone else, but you..
          In 1994, the United States Department of State reported that the Indian government had paid out more than 41,000 cash bounties to police officers for killing Sikhs. That same year, the Indian newspaper Hitavada reported that the Indian government paid about $1.5 billion to the late governor of Punjab, Surendra Nath, to foment and support terrorist activity in Punjab and in Kashmir.

Umm, my eyes hurting from rolling..
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

quote by you
            A statement of fact does not an ultra-nationalist make . . . .

So you think US Department of State has no idea either, nor has people in India (like some stupid newspapers ), nor do anyone else, but you..
            I distrust that statistic . Why would a Sikh kill his own people ? It may just be the number of bounties given out to policemen in Punjab , but quoted by the author of the Wiki article as bounties for killing Sikhs .

Umm, my eyes hurting from rolling..
            Unless you address the points I made , there is no point in talking to you at all . When you dismiss the other party's points as "blah" , you don't hold much credibility .

Comment

Re: Radical Islamist vs. Hinduism : The battle rages on . . . .

Originally posted by aneeshm
              There has been a terrorist attack on a Hindu temple by Islamists , in the world's oldest city , Varanasi .
              The world's oldest city is Damascus!
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                I thought the worlds oldest city was Jericho??

Comment

The definition of city is rather flimsy, anyway. The definition of city used to define Jericho as the first city, would leave all of the cities of today out of it. ( walled). I'd leave the definition of a town to the existance of stone homes, and major communal/congregational buildings, such as temples, schools, or whatever.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Correction - Varanasi is the world's longest-inhabited city .

Comment

Relevant part bolded. You are like India's Slowwhand
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Correction - Varanasi is the world's longest-inhabited city .

Jericho has a population of approximately 19,000.[1] It is believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in the world.

Interestingly enough, Varanasi's article on Wikipedia has no mentions to a claim of oldest or longest inhabited city.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hmm . . . then blame the newsreader , not me . He was the guy who said Varanasi was the world's oldest city .

Comment

The world's oldest city is Jerico.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The horns of Jericho, the horns of Jericho, the horns of Jericho...

keep on dancing keep on dancing.. yeah!"

Muzlimz vs the rest 10000-3.Oops? Was that bigoted to say it out loud? Hey. I'm not judging anyone, buttwipes are in every team. I'm just keeping the scorecard.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Won't happen . What India and Pakistan need are people-to-people contacts , specially in Kashmir .
                                I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying here. You're advocating a reprisal attack on Pakistani territory, yet you say that the current degree of raproachment between Pakistan and India will not be affected. I assure you that if the Indian Air Force bombs the portion of Kashmir under Pakistan control it will affect relationships, particularily if you do not have truly solid proof that these attacks are being launched by the groups stationed in Kashmir. Even if your government did have the solid proof it would be better to bring the evidence before the international community and the government of Pakistan first.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X