Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radical Islamist vs. Hinduism : The battle rages on . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radical Islamist vs. Hinduism : The battle rages on . . . .

There has been a terrorist attack on a Hindu temple by Islamists , in the world's oldest city , Varanasi . Twelve people were killed , and many more seriously injured .

Links to the news story :

Rediff.com
    Reuters
    NDTV
    Hindustan Times

The story from NDTV :

NDTV Correspondent

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 (Varanasi):

At least 12 people have been killed after twin blasts rocked parts of Varanasi on Tuesday evening.

Several others have been injured in the blasts which took place between 6:15-6:30 pm (IST).

According to some unconfirmed reports, a third blast also took place in the city.

The Home Ministry has confirmed the blasts occurred at Sankat Mochan Temple and the railway station in the cantonment area.

The injured have been taken to the SS Hospital in the Benaras Hindu University campus.

Senior officials of the district administration have reached the spot and the area has been cordoned off.

The first explosion took place outside the temple just after 6 pm (IST) when a large number of devotees were present at the peak evening aarti time.

Railway station blast

Minutes later, another blast took place outside the room of the stationmaster of the cantonment railway station.

"There's been a blast in front of the stationmaster's room. We have no reports of any casualties yet. Injuries have taken place, but we are not sure of the figures," said Sanjay Goyal, PRO, Northern Railways.

The blast at the temple set out panic and a near-stampede situation as devotees scrambled to rush out to safety.

The Sankat Mochan is situated on the Durgakund road and is among the country's most ancient temples.

Appeal for calm

Another bomb was also recovered from the Gadolia market in the city.

"Some sick mind must have done it. All communities must come together in this time of terrible tragedy," said Salman Khursheed, President, UPCC.

A high alert has been sounded in Delhi and Mumbai.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has condemned the blasts and appealed for calm.

A high level meeting of Home Ministry officials is currently underway and Home Minister Shivraj Patil is expected to visit Varanasi.
    I wonder how long it will be before some or the other place erupts in communal riots .

Sickening - the destruction of temples did not end with the end of the Muslim rule , apparently . The casualties are appalling . This is the second in what now appears to be a series of attacks on soft targets , particularly temples .

I say we use the right of hot pursuit and bomb the terrorist camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir . Those are the proverbial orc-pits where terrorist dogs are bred .

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I thought the worlds oldest city was Jericho??
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I thought it was Ur
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Myknowledge also points to Jericho.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

It's my understanding that it's Jericho.

That said, maybe if Hindus would actually, y'know, riot and go kill things like Muslims, then we wouldn't have this sectarian violence problem.
            B♭3

Comment

PRAISE ALLAH
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                That said, maybe if Hindus would actually, y'know, riot and go kill things like Muslims, then we wouldn't have this sectarian violence problem.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The story you quoted does not indicate that the attack was conduted by radical Muslims.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

of course it was conducted by.. america. no no, the jews. always them. definitely bush' fault
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Pox on ya, Datajack Franit.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

The Lashkar-e-Toiba has been blamed for the attack , as far as I know .

And about the ridiculous attempt to connect this with sectarian violence - no Indian Muslim is a terrorist . Terrorists have to be brought over from other countries , like Pakistan and Afghanistan , to conduct attacks in India , because nobody in India is willing to do them .

Comment

Who's bringing them over??
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

And about the ridiculous attempt to connect this with sectarian violence - no Indian Muslim is a terrorist . Terrorists have to be brought over from other countries , like Pakistan and Afghanistan , to conduct attacks in India , because nobody in India is willing to do them .

Good, peace loving Indian people and the humanitarian government of theirs..

Akhem akhem.. sikh genocide.. akhem akhem..

How was the Khalistani movement crushed ? By a ruthless operation . What happened ? The problem was solved .
                              last thread on related topic by aneeshm

aneeshm, I strongly suggest you stop promoting your ultra-nationalist views here.
                              Whilst I understand this is OT, there are still some rules to be obeyed, even if not written.
                              You're getting nowhere with this.

Who's bringing them over??
                              You might want to read about sikh genocide and Khalistani movement in India, even Wiki has it in detail if you're lazy to search for more.
                              This quote should give an idea:
                              In 1994, the United States Department of State reported that the Indian government had paid out more than 41,000 cash bounties to police officers for killing Sikhs. That same year, the Indian newspaper Hitavada reported that the Indian government paid about $1.5 billion to the late governor of Punjab, Surendra Nath, to foment and support terrorist activity in Punjab and in Kashmir.
                              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X