Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Academy Awards Best Picture: CRASH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You asking Hollywood to hire an ugly actor?

Hell, even for Monster, it was Charlize Theron, the hottest actress in Hollywood, playing the part (and uglying herself up).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      You asking Hollywood to hire an ugly actor?

Hell, even for Monster, it was Charlize Theron, the hottest actress in Hollywood, playing the part (and uglying herself up).
      and then add one's imagination and no telling what she could end up looking like
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Actually, I rented Monster and Monster's Ball today... saw them next to each other, realized I hadn't seen either one, and here we are.

Also just finished seeing Twelve Monkeys for the first time. It was pretty good, but I didn't like how it all tied in together at the end. It wasn't just coincidence enough that BW and little BW had to be at the airport, no, they had to add in a number of other coincidences as well, so that the movie really stretches the limits of credulity and devolves into a series of contrivances. "Oh, look who he's sitting next to on the plane!" "Oh, it's that guy from earlier in the movie, the one who..." etc etc.

Eh... that's a failing that's common to movies, the need to tie everything in together - too many "surprises" at the end of that one, and Twelve Monkeys was less satisfying for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

and then add one's imagination and no telling what she could end up looking like
          But would Ted hit both?

Comment

Working...
          X