Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Academy Awards Best Picture: CRASH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Academy Awards Best Picture: CRASH!

What an upset! Everyone was saying, thinking Brokeback Mountain, and Crash comes up underneath and steals the thing. Huge shock!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

I AM STILL S OEXCITED OMGGGGGGG
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That was quick imran.

Haven't seen it, only friend I know who has liked it a lot. I think he will be happy.

Overall a good show, some nice surprises, Jon Stewart was OK, fit right in, and no undeserved prizes.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I thought Stewart was meh... even in the context of Academy Award presenters. I know Crystal can't host it every year, but it's his bag. Though I can't think of anyone who can take his place.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Crystal is the worst host I've ever seen...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Jon Stewart was best in his most daily show-esque moments. The sound editing ad, for instance, was amazing.
            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

I enjoyed Stewart for the most part.

He was obviously nervous during the monologue, but the clip pieces where the announcer tried to announce anyone other than him as the host and the montages of political campaign spoofs were classic Stewart material, and were downright hilarious to boot.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Ha-ha!

I guessed right the most important 3...

best movie
                best actor and actress... YES! HORRAAAH FOR ME!

And no none of them was a shock to me. I'm sorry but brokeback mountain was boring ass movie. It had only one thing going on for it and that was the gay theme so it was supposed to be controversial.

Crash however had more things going for it than just controversiality (racism). It was a better movie in my opinion, and it's all about opinions after all since they are voted for. After Crash I would have ranked Munich on top. Now that was one TIGHT movie! THEN third I would have picked brokeback mountain.

I think every call on those three went on spot.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

He was far more relaxed during the show as well- he was obviously amused by the best song winners and their reaction, and its nice to see someone acknowledge the band for once.

And what was up with Jack nicholson? Can we please not let him present anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                    He was obviously nervous during the monologue, but the clip pieces where the announcer tried to announce anyone other than him as the host and the montages of political campaign spoofs were classic Stewart material, and were downright hilarious to boot.
                    Were those Stewart's at all? The opening scene seemed very Oscar-ish and the montages had Colbert written all over them (and his voice to boot!). If anything, maybe the montages were done by Daily Show writers.

Comment

A lot of the presenters had problems this show. Dustin Hoffman opening the envelope before announcing the nominations, for example.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

And do you really think Stewart had no creative input?

Comment

Ben Stiller made me smile
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                            And do you really think Stewart had no creative input?
                            Some... but these are the Oscars. They've been known for controlling a lot of stuff and stifling their hosts. Crystal has been known to work well within the restrictions, but most hosts feel too boxed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Were those Stewart's at all? The opening scene seemed very Oscar-ish and the montages had Colbert written all over them (and his voice to boot!). If anything, maybe the montages were done by Daily Show writers.
                              Valid point, except that Steven Colbert was in New York all week writing and filming his show, while Stewart and his Daily Show writers were in LA and the Daily Show was on repeats.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X