• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Liverpuddle accent]
    Fab gear, gear fab.
    [/Liverpuddle accent]

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hon
      It's not bad... it's a decent redbrick university and is one of the 19 Russell Group research-intensive universities in the UK. Don't know about online programmes though.

A university made of red brick -- I'm impressed.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Must be more sturdy than a university made of ivy
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm there at the moment.

No idea what their online degrees are like, but I love my course. I'd say it's quality depends on the subject you're going to study....
          Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

i get offered on-line degrees all the time via email!
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yeah, where is DeVry? Get that one all the time.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Verres
                I'm there at the moment.

No idea what their online degrees are like, but I love my course. I'd say it's quality depends on the subject you're going to study....
                How do you find living in Liverpool? I went to a house party in one of the studenty areas last year, and my god it was a dire area...
                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I live in an inner city area - I don't doubt that to a lot of people it looks rough.....but bear in mind, I am a 20 year old girl who wonders round alone at night in very little clothing and I have never been a victim of crime whilst living here. In fact, it is a lot less hostile than similar areas in the South - where I used to live, for instance, or where my boyfriend lives (the Oxford/Swindon area).

The crime rate among students is quite high, but then it always is when they are not living in halls - if you leave a laptop in front of a window facing the street you cannot be too indignant when it gets lifted.

My house is........well, if I posted a picture on here most people wouldn't be too impressed. But it was unbelieveably cheap. The doors lock. It hasn't been vandalised or broken in to.

I honestly feel far safer here than I have in any other city.....Liverpool's bad reputation has led to a huge increase in police presence and movements against anti-social behaviour that it is actually incredibly safe in comparison to many cities.
                  Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Considering your penchant for putting yourself in danger, that's probably a good thing .
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Verres is probably whom people are scared of!

Comment

I was in Wavertree somewhere (I think). Near a Scream pub if that helps any!
                        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Yeah, what Verres says is true. I didn't live in Liverpool (I was in the Wirral, across the water) but the police presence in the city centre on Friday and Saturday nights was pretty considerable. I don't think I've ever seen quite that many meatwagons with cameras on them. It certainly reduced crime.
                          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            I wouldn't exactly call online programs real either.
                            The only thing different is you don't get to attend the lectures, assuming they put the reference material online. Or maybe they have a partnership with a local uni so you can use those libraries instead.

Othewise electronic communications makes it like the real thing. You still have to do the research, read the books, hand in homework, etc. You can ask questions (forums, e-mail, even chatrooms) and have them answered.

It's just another form of distance learning.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Verres
                              ...I am a 20 year old girl who wonders round alone at night in very little clothing ...
                              That's easy to say...but we want pictures.

Getting back to reality: I'd recommend you invest in a small dog. They are the world's best burglar alarms. If someone tries to break in...they bark and bark and bark and then (unlike macho big dogs) they run away and bark some more. Big dogs tend to charge and get hit on the head with crowbars.

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                                I was in Wavertree somewhere (I think). Near a Scream pub if that helps any!
                                Oh dear, that is where I live....the pub is a massive yellow thing called the Brookhouse? Literally 5 minutes from my house. Scarily small world.

Verres is probably whom people are scared of!
                                Damn straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X