We're going to Barcelona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duke o' york
    Don't bother going to see the Olympic stadium.

Sure, it's a pleasant walk up a not-too-strenuous hill, but the stadium itself is not worth looking at.
    You should also take a trip out into the country to visit Montserrat - even the train ride is beautiful once you've escaped the suburbs.
    Monserrat is wonderful, but taking the train is tough if it's a feast day, or a weekend. The special line to Monserrat doesn't run as much as other trains and the cars can get unbearably hot and crowded and have little seating. I'd recommend an "autobus"

The stadium and accompanying plaza are nice views of the west of the city. It's nice to spend a little while there while walking down Montjuic and seeing the museums.

Another side trip that is worthwhile is to the Dali Museum in Figueres. It's a whole surrealistic experience. If the weather is nice, visit his house in Portlligat. It may be tough to get there though; you have to take a bus. The Figueres museum can be reached on RENFE, however.
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Figueres definitely.

I went there long before I visited Barca itself, and it is absolutely wonderful. A must for those who haven't been before.
      (I didn't bother with my ex, although we had a great day out at Montserrat, and even walking down las Ramblas without the usual crowds of English drunken oafs (see any polymeet thread I've been on for details. ) was an excellent experience. )

Comment

Thanks everyone!

We hade a printout of this thread along with us and did at least half the stuff in Timexwatch's list.

Great help. At least poly is good for something.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
          Thanks everyone!

We hade a printout of this thread along with us and did at least half the stuff in Timexwatch's list.

Great help. At least poly is good for something.
          Well, let's here stories or see pics!
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

BB
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
            X