Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gmail!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MrFun
    Apparently, gmail has this STUPID feature where it automatically adds new e-mail addresses to your contact list.

So, if I e-mail a person or a business just once, it's automatically added to my contact list, and then days or weeks later, when I notice that a particular address is in my contact list, I'm wondering who the **** that person is??

So thanks to this STUPID gmail feature, I have to regularly manage my contact list, deleting anyone I e-mail whom I do not wish to retain in my contact list.

Unless there is an option I'm not aware of, where I can turn off this STUPID feature??

Thanks for any help.
    It automatically adds the contacts to the list once you email them.

I don't see what the big deal is, the default view in Contacts is "frequently mailed contacts".
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher is correct... there is a list of your most frequent contacts so that the others don't clog the view.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Also, they've made it easy for you to voice your opinion. Maybe they'll add it. They've even provided a checkbox in the feature suggestion for this already:
        Official Gmail Help Center where you can find tips and tutorials on using Gmail and other answers to frequently asked questions.

Alternatively, don't forget Gmail has a search feature, to help you weed out the bad contacts.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
          Why are there addresses in my Contacts list that I don't recognize?

When you send a message to someone new, Gmail automatically adds the person's email address to your Contacts list. You'll also notice that the address of the person who invited you to create your account is included in your Contacts list.
          You can't stop your Contacts list from auto-updating, but you can remove addresses at any time. Here's how:

Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
          Check the box next to the contact you would like to delete.
          Click Delete at the top of the page.

stfu

Thanks, I already knew how to delete but I wouldn't have to be bothered doing even this, if there was an option to turn off auto add.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
            Why hasn't this thread been topped?
            QFFFFFFFT
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

LOL at this thread
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You need to cut down on the number of people in your address book then. At least then fewer people will get HIV.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                  You need to cut down on the number of people in your address book then. At least then fewer people will get HIV.
                  Someone is going to get *****slapped by an angry queen for this comment
                  If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Cut this crap, Stew.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                      X