Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time exercise the good ol' moral indignation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time exercise the good ol' moral indignation!

Today is a good day to be a misanthrope:

Man raped his dying stepdaughter
    Officer at Kerry Muchan's house - Pic: Chris McNulty
    Kerry was assaulted by her stepfather at her home in Paisley
    A man who raped his unconscious teenage stepdaughter as she lay dying from a head injury has been jailed for nine years at the High Court in Glasgow.

Sentencing Judge Lord Philip told George McKee, 50, he had committed an "appalling crime" which filled members of the public with "horror".

McKee admitted raping Kerry Muchan, 14, in her Paisley home on 23 July, 2005 while she was unconscious.

Kerry died soon after the rape from a head injury caused by a fall.

Lord Philip said: "Any sentence I impose has to reflect the revulsion and horror society feels at this kind of behaviour."

Kerry was drunk and had fallen several times before she was raped.

Lord Philip said: "Instead of looking after her and being concerned for her condition and seeking medical help, you took advantage of her complete helplessness and raped her when she was in a state of complete unconsciousness."

In addition to the nine-year sentence, McKee will be monitored for three years after release.

Stair fall

He pleaded guilty to raping Kerry at her home in Dalskieth Avenue, Paisley.

The court heard Kerry had fallen ill after taking a cocktail of alcohol and drugs.

Her death less than two and a half hours after being raped was caused by head injuries sustained during falls.

These included a fall down stairs after which McKee took her to his bed and raped her.

He was found in bed with his stepdaughter by a relative.

Still alive

When paramedics arrived, they found a faint pulse.

However, she died later in the Royal Alexandra Hospital.

A postmortem examination revealed she was still alive when her stepfather raped her.

It found she had horrific injuries consistent with being raped with considerable force.

The court was told McKee and Kerry's mother Lorna Muchan had lived as man and wife and he treated the girl as his own.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

wow.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

cool
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

This man should be stabbed...

...in the pee hole.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

just 9 years?

this to me looks like a life in prison offence.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Burn his pecker off.
            What?

Comment

Let him catch cancer, and then rape him!
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                just 9 years?

this to me looks like a life in prison offence.
                Technically it's still just a rape. But anyway.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Who gave her the alcohol and drugs? Even if he didn't give them to her he still may have committed manslaughter.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Surely raping her instead of getting her to a hospital amounts to criminal negligence, at any rate?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'd have gone for murder 2 or 3 had I been the DA.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

(AP) She survived the tsunami, only to suffer the brutality of her rescuer.

On a pilgrimage to a temple, the 18-year-old and her family stopped for a picnic by the beach. That's when the tsunami struck.

Flailing in the water, the teenager heard a voice. "He told me to grab his hand, that he will save me," she said.

She and the stranger were swept into a muddy river. When they reached a bank, he pushed her into a bed of brambles and raped her.

"I screamed and told him not to hurt me," the shy teenager told The Associated Press. "He put his hands around my neck and told me that even if he kills me right there, no one will know."
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          I'd have gone for murder 2 or 3 had I been the DA.
                          I guess that "DA" means "district attorney", but I have no idea what "murder 2 or 3" means.

Comment

Murder 2nd or 3rd degree, I assume.

Comment

I don't know what that means either.

Comment

Working...
                              X