Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She really is smart, though.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

yeah, I bet she is

she chose you after all...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

/me waves to mrs. Arrian.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hah! Yeah right. She works hard and stuff.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              She works hard and stuff.
              She has to, her husband spends all his time on Apolyton.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                Yeah, but consider: they're mostly old farts and they teach well known subjects. You're studying ballet, right? Anyway, it's the same on every University. These chi... guys had eons to learn their thing, so they may appear smart but I don't buy it.
                How would you fairly evaluate one's intelligence without looking at what he does in his field of specialty?
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                  Know personally? I'm definitely ranking high up there. Then there are 2 flatmates of mine who are quite clever and successful beings. Apart from these 2, I'd say I'd have to look real hard to find someone more clever than me.

My uni profs aren't all that clever

Edit: Well there were one or two in my year group in school. That was back then.
                  Think overseas, think to friends you've got in England
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Is smart the same as clever?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

She really is smart, though.

-Arrian

And I really do have a sense of humor -- honest.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

My brother. A couple of my friends might count, and most definately my tutor, Tarek - undergrad from Princeton, PhD from MIT, some amazing work in market efficiency, already runs the finance course at Oxford, despite being here for like 3 years. Plus hopefully my thesis tutor

The Nobel Laureate's here have done little to convince me yet, but then I've yet to be taught by any.

On of my friends got top in his subject at LSE, which is quite impressive. Another top of management at Manchester (a huge course). And one of my friends topped economics at Oxford. However nothing quite close to my brother, who got a hugely high first in maths at Cambridge, top of his college, top 10 in the university, distinction at the hugely hard part III (only people with firsts are allowed on it, only 10% of those get distinctions), and now doing a PhD in DAMPT in Cambridge, the hardest department in the UK to get a PhD. Plus Rolls Royce are sponsoring it.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

My acting teacher Kent Stevens.
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                            My brother. A couple of my friends might count, and most definately my tutor, Tarek - undergrad from Princeton, PhD from MIT, some amazing work in market efficiency, already runs the finance course at Oxford, despite being here for like 3 years. Plus hopefully my thesis tutor

The Nobel Laureate's here have done little to convince me yet, but then I've yet to be taught by any.

On of my friends got top in his subject at LSE, which is quite impressive. Another top of management at Manchester (a huge course). And one of my friends topped economics at Oxford. However nothing quite close to my brother, who got a hugely high first in maths at Cambridge, top of his college, top 10 in the university, distinction at the hugely hard part III (only people with firsts are allowed on it, only 10% of those get distinctions), and now doing a PhD in DAMPT in Cambridge, the hardest department in the UK to get a PhD. Plus Rolls Royce are sponsoring it.
                            If one don't acheive something, how do you know they are smart (not just bright, but really bright, it isn't something easily measured..).

Nobel Laureate's have almost always (if they are for science, and I am not refering to economics here.. ) done something very impressive, so you can tell they are brilliant (if you understand what they have done).

Jon Miller

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sava
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

My dad likes to say "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know"... he's pretty smart, for a biology major

Still, smarts has to do with schooling which has to do with rote learning which has to be based on a per subject basis

Had I to pick? Prof. Whitaker at UCDavis... best in his field (Fluid Dymanics) and the toughest, fairest prof I ever had... failed me twice
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X